Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Lowrance LCX-18C

My boat came with a Lowrance LCX-18C. The unit quit communicating with the GPS. We removed the GPS and sent it in for servicing per support. They said the GPS needed to be replaced with a rebuilt unit which we purchased and reinstalled. A year or so later, the same problem has visited us again.

Anybody out there had this experience with the GPS on a LCX-18C or later model Lowrance? I'm trying to decide whether to bother sending the GPS back to Lowrance for service again or go with a different solution. Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm really p@#$%d! Called the support number from Lowrance's web page and hung on hold for 25 minutes until a support rep answered. They tell me their records don't show any work done on my unit last year. Checked records and called Lowrance support back. On hold for another 25 minutes and got another support person. Got cut off mid-sentence. Looked at clock - 5:00 pm. Called them again and got a recording telling me to call back during business hours.

:753_hammer_hitting_head: Don't want to deal with Lowrance support anymore. Never had this problem with Garmin.

i have the same exact model as you, if you want to buy it used let me know, i'm looking to get something a little bigger. everything works properly on it. i also have a brand new split frequency transducer that i never got around to installing.

I have the LCX 28 HD. I have done all my tech support via email. So far the few issues I had were resolved via email including a digital gauge that went south. A couple of emails explaining the troubleshooting I did and they shipped me a new one and told me to toss the old one. I also got a system upgrade via email before it was posted to the site to fix a problem I had. I had heard the horror stories of hold time on calls and decided to try email. I also have documentation of any communication.

well maybe there customer service is getting better but my runins with them have not been good & gander mountain says "1 out of every 3 units they sell fail". wow with those #'s it's no wonder I know so many people with bad units.