Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Looking for rod holders....

What are you trolling for ?

How experienced is your crew ?

Mann's Stretch can ruin your day - they have a tendency to mate with everything in your spread ......

Because to get them to the proper depth they have to be run back 100 or more feet ......

Here's why - Mann's float to the top went you stop trolling while weighted rigs sink - instant tangle ......

What about running some lines from your t-top or from the legs of the t-top ?????......

It's always a good idea to continue trolling when you hook up - hoping for multiple hook ups ......

Hope this helps ......... ICM

jamisjockey,

i sent you a pm about the t-bag you have, and posted in the items for sale. e-mail me at

d926@verizon.net

thanks

steve

Steve,

Actually I'm going to try and get it packed and out to you today. Meant to shoot you a reply and forgot.

ICM

I've found the shorter you run a stretch, the less likely it is to tangle in the spread.

I've used the top holders to run a long line before.

I'll be trolling offshore NC next weekend hopefully for Mahi, Kings, AJ and anything else that will bite.

Its starting to sound like I'm going to have a full boat with one other experienced fisherman. I might run them through some drills to get them used to clearing lines.

• 2 weeks later...
jamisjockey, I see you found what you were looking for but you should check out SeaSuckers website for future reference. They make a rod holder attachment for there product that works great and there is no holes to cut or drill. They make a whole bunch of different things that will attach to their suction cup mount, I would say at least 100 different items, and they all work great. The suction cup is very strong too, they will hold like 300 pounds. We use some of there products (cup holders, rod holders, storage boxes, biat cutting table, ect.) on our boat and we love them. there website is http://www.seasucker.com/

I'm really gonna have to think about of one of their bait tables....