Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Show off your Garage

I just purchased a new house, and need to ###### out the garage. Currently it is completely empty with the exception of a nicely built work bench in one corner. The work bench is very well made, and has a pegboard pannel behind it for storing small tools. Under it is split, the left side has 2 shelves large enough to hold a good many power tools, and the right side is left open, and is the perfect size for a mini fridge (already installed, and stocked). There was some small amounts of wire shelving left from the previous owner that I removed, and I am having the entire thing painted, and the bad spots in the drywall repaired.

What I would like to do is to add some cabinets or shelves down one side of the garage for storage, and possibly some overhead storage on a pully system. Any thoughts or pics would be appriciated.

I just purchased a new house, and need to ###### out the garage. Currently it is completely empty with the exception of a nicely built work bench in one corner. The work bench is very well made, and has a pegboard pannel behind it for storing small tools. Under it is split, the left side has 2 shelves large enough to hold a good many power tools, and the right side is left open, and is the perfect size for a mini fridge (already installed, and stocked). There was some small amounts of wire shelving left from the previous owner that I removed, and I am having the entire thing painted, and the bad spots in the drywall repaired.

What I would like to do is to add some cabinets or shelves down one side of the garage for storage, and possibly some overhead storage on a pully system. Any thoughts or pics would be appriciated.

Here is another forum I post on. You should get some really good ideas from here. There are some pimped out garages on this site.

http://www.garagejournal.com/

We are still in the finishing stages..actually, will stay in the finishing stages. Need more shelving for sure! We ordered it from Advantage Steel Buildings out of Little Rock, and built it here over a ten week period (My neighgbor was in the business). I have a tackle room and my wife gets her sewing room....keeps us close! :605_thumbs_up:

Thanks for the link Kingair..got some neat ideas from there already!

http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll422/triumphrick/garage/

I just transformed my garage from worst to first!

first off get rid of EVERYTHING you don't NEED!

I donated to goodwill and the dump!

Next take stock of what you have and install shelf brackets

and get all the crap off the floor!

I put my old stereo with my Kliptsch KG-4 floor speakers in

as well! :605_thumbs_up:

Now I don't have to listen to anyone else's music EVER!

We bought wire free standing racks similar to this http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores...0474+1475+90401 and also the "wheel kits". This allows us to move the stuff around the garage as needed. Holiday stuff gets put the fixed wall shelves, more frequently used stuff goes on the rolling racks. We also keep a rack to put future garage sale stuff on. It working well for us.