Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Brunswick County Attorney Recommendations?

Got a speeding ticket this weekend and have a court date in Bolivia in July. Don't want to go into specifics as I am not sure if officer reads this forum or not. It was for a two point offense in NC, but it will translate to a four point offense for me in SC. That being said, I have no issues with the officer as he was just doing his job, and he was pretty pleasant about the whole ordeal. Also, my daughter and wife have given me enough hell, and I am driving a lot slower than I used to. After giving me the ticket, the officer also gave me a flier on the magistrate's court process which included the fact that the ticket could be pleaded down to a lesser offense if your driving record is clean. He also gave me information on that process as well. At first, I had planned to just take the day off and make the trip up there for court to see if I could plead it down in an effort to lower the points, but all the advice I have gotten since then has been to get an attorney and let them handle it. Anybody on this board have first hand knowledge of the process? Any recommendations regarding attorneys in this area that handle traffic citations? Thanks.