Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Started the boat this past weekend

Went north for the Memorial Day weekend and with some spare time pulled the boat out of the garage to start it up for the season. First had to lower the boat off the stands back onto the trailer as I don't leave the boat weight on the torsion axles. The batteries were fully charged as I placed them on the maintainer for the winter. Yes, I was too lazy to pull them this year. Pumped the fuel line a few times after tying in the water line to the 03 carb'ed Merc, set high idle pushed in and turned the key. That old school motor fired off within 2 seconds like it had never been fogged. It still has the original spark plugs in it!! (YES BOYS, I do have 2 sets of brand new spares in the tool box) The smoke blowing in the wind through the trees made it look like the garage was on fire. Let it run for about 15 minutes and it was purring like a kitten.

Repaired my all around light that hit the 14 door opening when I didn't lower it in the fall backing it in. I also need to determine why my second bilge pump is not working, the primary is fine but they are fed from 2 different sources. It's also time to refinish the teak for the first time since I used Cetal in 2002. I think I'll drop in a new water pump and t'stats too because of age, not hours and change the lower unit oil. I also need to find out why my idle is a little high at 1050.