Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!

Hey All,

My name is Chris, and I'm a boat-a-holic.

A few of you on here may know / remember me from another forum. I found this one just yesterday and love the layout and that there are no haters here (yet). I changed my screen name on the other forum a few times, but only to reflect my current boat name.

I'm from Jupiter, and currently live in Jacksonville. I'm also between boats at the moment.

However, I plan to soon fix both of these problems. The wife and I have decided to move back to Jupiter late next year, and I'm currently taking Naval Architechture classes, so perhaps my next boat will be one I've built.

Good to meet you all and I'm sure you'll see me around!

Chris

• 1 month later...

Well, I love to boat as most everyone here does. Got my first boating license in NY at 13 and grew up on Long Island's Great South Bay. Been boating now over 45 years.

Now located in the Great NW where rain is the weather forecast with an occasional "sun break". The Admiral hates it here so we will be looking for new digs someplace on the "Easy" coast and away from the "Left" coast... but not too soon. Maybe SC around the northern shore near the south end of NC...

Anyway, current boat is a 24' Ciera Express 2452 and I repowered her with a Merc HO MPI 6.2 and she flies... (anyone need a rebuilt 5.7?) have many upgrades since... RayMarine 48 NM radar, GPS, auto trim tabs w/ indicators, electronic compass and auto helm, inverter, dual battery banks w/Blue Sea monitoring system, holding and fresh water tank indicators, electric flush head, resurfaced cabin floors, two Canon electric down riggers with ProTroll black box, HDTV w/DVD/CD/SD player built in, heated cockpit, 9.9 electric steered kicker w/ electric start at helm, Kiddie fire suppressant system in engine bay, Xintex Fume detector, sliding helm seat with added arm rests, dual seats added to aft cockpit, Sprint 600 anchor windlass, four position cockpit and cabin heat system and a few other mods I forgot... Check my sig for more photos & upgrades of our boat... When we go to the East coast, I'll install outriggers from my dad's recently retired Shamrock.

I like this new forum much better than the previous and also hope this site stays focused on boating and boat related threads for the most part...

Look forward to meeting many of you face to face and you can be assured, I will post threads as though I were talking to you on the docks...

Welcome Doug!

I see you've been busy taking full advantage of the ReelBoating forum features since you've joined - good job!

The goal of ReelBoating is to pretty much stay on topic. Opinions good are bad are great but too many opinions and not enough real advice doesn't really accomplish much except for having a ton of people goofing around for the most part.

Not to worry... there will always be fun on RB too in our Chatter area and Bikini Island.

Well, I love to boat as most everyone here does. Got my first boating license in NY at 13 and grew up on Long Island's Great South Bay. Been boating now over 45 years.

Now located in the Great NW where rain is the weather forecast with an occasional "sun break". The Admiral hates it here so we will be looking for new digs someplace on the "Easy" coast and away from the "Left" coast... but not too soon. Maybe SC around the northern shore near the south end of NC...

Anyway, current boat is a 24' Ciera Express 2452 and I repowered her with a Merc HO MPI 6.2 and she flies... (anyone need a rebuilt 5.7?) have many upgrades since... RayMarine 48 NM radar, GPS, auto trim tabs w/ indicators, electronic compass and auto helm, inverter, dual battery banks w/Blue Sea monitoring system, holding and fresh water tank indicators, electric flush head, resurfaced cabin floors, two Canon electric down riggers with ProTroll black box, HDTV w/DVD/CD/SD player built in, heated cockpit, 9.9 electric steered kicker w/ electric start at helm, Kiddie fire suppressant system in engine bay, Xintex Fume detector, sliding helm seat with added arm rests, dual seats added to aft cockpit, Sprint 600 anchor windlass, four position cockpit and cabin heat system and a few other mods I forgot... Check my sig for more photos & upgrades of our boat... When we go to the East coast, I'll install outriggers from my dad's recently retired Shamrock.

I like this new forum much better than the previous and also hope this site stays focused on boating and boat related threads for the most part...

Look forward to meeting many of you face to face and you can be assured, I will post threads as though I were talking to you on the docks...

Welcome aboard Doug, glad to see you here. I know you from CSR. This is a good place to be, just like the other a lot of good info here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I just stumbled on this site it looks like A good one.I've been boating about 34+ years.I currently have A Proline 22 WA And A 16" Lund Preadator.I have fishing experience on the great lakes ( Erie+ Ontario).But my favorite is saltwater I used to fish in Delaware A lot but now spend my days in Moorhead City NC. Area.I am currently applying for A Coast Guard Capt. Lic.I have passed the OUPV exam and will be taking the Master exam very soon.I plan to retire from my current Job.And would like to work part time on the water.Thus the reason fo the Lic.