Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Ethanol Scam Finally Exposed

Guest edgewater225

Star Tron makes it survivable too, so I hear :)

I'm the VP of Marketing for Star brite, but this stuff really does work. I'll ask Wiley if I can give away a few cases as samples to let you provide feedback - good bad or indifferent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your never going to get to an average of 35.5 mpg on all gas engines.You will see alot more hybrid and battery powered cars by 2016.There is also alot of work on hydrogen fuel cells but that will be beyound 2016 unless alot of investment dollars are directed that way.

Honda is test marketing a fuel cell car in Southern California. The company that makes the fuel cell (http://www.plugpower.com/) also makes a hydrogen generator that works by converting natural gas to hydrogen. This is used as a fuel source for the car, so you'd buy one of these things, hook it up at home and fuel it from your natural gas delivery through a pipe to your home.

Fuel cell technology has been around for 30+ years and is relatively mature. Hydrogen is combined with oxygen from the air to produce energy and water, pollution free, with almost no moving parts - just some valves and gauges.

Natural gas is plentiful - with fuel efficient cars, there is enough to power the entire fleet of US autos for 100 years.

And likely a lot of boats.

Why are we STILL using piston engines based on 100 year old technology? Embarassing...