Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Need aanother part

My rod holder on my t-top has 4 rod holders. The metal rod that the rod butt sits in, was held by 2 little white grommets. I need help finding replacements. They are really small. The original fabricator said they can't get them, and that they are built in china.

Thanks

Steve -

It's a long shot, but you might want to try Radio Shack or other electronics shop. Grommets like that are often used to protect wires entering enclosures, and they just might have something that's adaptable to what you need. If you've got one of the old ones, take it with you. If not, measure the diameter of the hole in the tubing (using a drill bit, perhaps) and compare to what they have in stock. Good luck!

Will a O ring work? or 2 from a auto parts store .I have 2 sizes of umbrella rings for lures around a 1/16" and 1 real small to see what I'm talking about at your local tackle store on like bass lures and the other I have is a rubber band that holds skirts together again can be found at tackle store walmart

post-1969-1242697116_thumb.jpg

Ace hardware might accidentally have something-especially if you have an Ace nearby that's been around awhile....they have those bins with all the little bolts, springs, bushings and miscellaneous doo-dads. McMaster-Carr would probably be your best bet on the web.

Have you considered taking it somewhere and having the pins welded in?

Can you post up some close ups and take some measurements? Should not be hard to machine a few out of UHMW stock.

My rod holder on my t-top has 4 rod holders. The metal rod that the rod butt sits in, was held by 2 little white grommets. I need help finding replacements. They are really small. The original fabricator said they can't get them, and that they are built in china.

Thanks