Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

CC windshield - rain x?

i was just wondering what to use on my acrylic (or whatever it is) windshield to keep the spray from sticking to it. the console is to big to just reach around with a shammy and its a pain to have to slow down to walk around and clean it off so i can see.... i was gonna try rain x, but wasnt sure if its ok to you on the plastic material or not.

Most people will tell you not to use Rain X on plastics.

I've been using it on all sorts of plastics for over 15 years with no ill effects. I've used it on headlight covers in the winter as it keeps them cleaner longer, the face shields on many snowmobile helmets to shed ice quickly, and the windshields on various snowmobiles. Not one has hazed, cracked, or yellowed.

The windshield on my boat is glass.

Most people will tell you not to use Rain X on plastics.

I've been using it on all sorts of plastics for over 15 years with no ill effects. I've used it on headlight covers in the winter as it keeps them cleaner longer, the face shields on many snowmobile helmets to shed ice quickly, and the windshields on various snowmobiles. Not one has hazed, cracked, or yellowed.

The windshield on my boat is glass.

I am with mist-rest I have used rain-x with no ill effects on my plastics for over 10 years