Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Where to spend July 4?

Hey Guys,

Travelling to the States soon, and will be there for July 4.

Can you guys suggest a good place to spend it and see all that is American on your day?

We are probably going to be in Florida somewhere, and was thinking either Miami or Florida Keys.

We'd love to spend it on the water somewhere, so if anyone has room for two deckies i'd love to hear from you.

Regards

Darren

Hey Guys,

Can you guys suggest a good place to spend it and see all that is American on your day?

We are probably going to be in Florida somewhere, and was thinking either Miami or Florida Keys.

We'd love to spend it on the water somewhere, so if anyone has room for two deckies i'd love to hear from you.

Regards

Darren

You may find that most here stay away from the water on the actual 4th. I usually get a 3 or 4 day holiday for the 4th and will spend one or two days on the water, but not the 4th itself. We stay home to grill and pool! If you are up this way you are more than happy to hang with us (so long as there isn't another durn basketball tourney!).

If in Miami, see if the Marlins are playing at home and take in a ballgame and fireworks. Probably still the best way to experience America on the fourth.

Hey Guys,

Regards

Darren

Ever hear of Naples Florida? Little pricey and upscale but a great place to visit in the USA. A great Florida destination! Very good firework show at the Naples Pier, July 4th. Your welcome to tag along to view the works, 200-300 vessels usually there, one good thing is we head the other direction afterwards vs. 95% heading South after the show. North bound traffic is light. Your on your own for the rest of your trip here but a boat ride and fireworks show I can offer. Baramundi fishing trip you will owe me...

At least 3 days to stay off the water in the US:

Memorial Day

4th of July

Labor Day

I'm sure there are local days every where that should be added to the list.

Too many drunks. Too many once a year boaters. It's amazing the death toll is not higher than it is most years.

But if you're going to 'ho, have at it. It's the captains problem to avoid the drunks and crazies. You might want to hit Bass Pro for that inflatable vest that's on sale just to be on the safe side.

Maybe I just need to come down there for the 4th. Since I'm building stuff for the new marina in West Palm maybe I could write it off. Hmmmm..................any CPA's in the house?

The once a year boaters driving anything that floats makes for a very frustrating couple of days. Not to mention that none of them seems to know what a dive flag is and how to navigate when they see one. Watching the fire works from the river is not bad though because I can just motor out to the end of my canal to see them.

Wow. Glad everybody is in such a great mood. How about some optimism once in a while.

:504_shrugging:

Took the boat (back in the day) out twice for July 4th. Once out of Boca Inlet and the other out of Hillsboro. Never ran into any trouble, near misses or anything. Only minor concern was the large yachts at the drawbridge but with some good timing getting through was quite easy.

I actually saw more boats out yesterday (Mother's Day) than I did on the 4th.

I'm going on Ludy's boat!

You may find that most here stay away from the water on the actual 4th. I usually get a 3 or 4 day holiday for the 4th and will spend one or two days on the water, but not the 4th itself. We stay home to grill and pool! If you are up this way you are more than happy to hang with us (so long as there isn't another durn basketball tourney!).

If in Miami, see if the Marlins are playing at home and take in a ballgame and fireworks. Probably still the best way to experience America on the fourth.

Hey Menzies,

Thank you very much for the offer. It is very appreciated. Jacksonville is a bit off the beaten track for us, this time around we won't be heading to North Florida.

The Marlins looks like a good idea, and I think they are playing at home. I will put that one in the possibilities, and the deckie has even agreed in principal if we can't spend it on the water.

Thanks again,

Darren