Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

How Much Rejex

So I had my boat guy detail the boat before launching this past weekend. I provided a new bottle of Rejex for him to use. They seemed rushed to get it done probably due to really bad weather for the past couple weeks.

Heres the question; How much would you think one would use to wax a 25' Cat?

The bottle was in the boat and it seems like very little was used. Does this stuff go a real long way or did he not do the job? I ran the back of my hand over the hull and it didn't feel like it had wax on it like a car does. I have never used Rejex before so I have no idea if it gives the surface that feel of not

Any thoughts out there?

So I had my boat guy detail the boat before launching this past weekend. I provided a new bottle of Rejex for him to use. They seemed rushed to get it done probably due to really bad weather for the past couple weeks.

Heres the question; How much would you think one would use to wax a 25' Cat?

The bottle was in the boat and it seems like very little was used. Does this stuff go a real long way or did he not do the job? I ran the back of my hand over the hull and it didn't feel like it had wax on it like a car does. I have never used Rejex before so I have no idea if it gives the surface that feel of not

Any thoughts out there?

It goes a long way, one bottle did my 41 footer.

I had a bottle and it was real thick - almost a paste, although it was in a bottle, and it was somewhat difficult to apply. Is it still a very thick substance, and do you consider it difficult to apply? :471_confused_face:

Based on how little seemed to be gone from my bottle, and how quick my detailer said he applied and buffed the Rejex, I didn't feel like it had been applied properly. Funny thing was that when I applied what should have been just a topcoat, it took lots more than my detailer had used.. When in doubt, do it over.

I have used Rejex for several years on a 22 ft bay boat and various vehicles. IMO on a 27 ft cat, interior and out - at least 1/4 of a bottle - lots of square footage to cover.

It is very slick to the touch when buffed out. Take a section - say 2 ft x 2ft and apply some yourself, just as you would a liquid wax - drink a beer and then buff it off. Easy on and off. It should be very slick to your touch. That said, a 2nd coat is good as Libra said. My guess is your guy was in a bit of a hurry. Before the first Rejex application always have the boat cleaned with Dawn soapy water to remove old wax. Good luck. You will like the result.

The admiral and I are around half way done putting two coats of Rejex on our 25' SeaCat cuddy - but doing only the first 8' or so down the tunnel - and have used well over 1/3 bottle. I'm being strict to keeping a 12 hour cure in the shade after each application and buffing. When it's all done I fully expect to have used most of a bottle of Rejex - but may be applying too liberally.

let's go fishin!

A little truly does go a long way, but I use 1/4 bottle on my car. I would imagine you boat would require much more. The biggest error people make is using too much product since no matter how much you cake on, it still only leaves a micro thing coating when you buff it out. Anything more than just enough to cover the surface thoroughly is wasting money and adding to your work load to get it off.

That being said, I have noticed that the first time you use a good polish, after removing the old stuff of course, the finish will be shiny in spots and dull in others. This is normal as the first coat is more of a sealer than a high gloss. Adding a second coat will really bring out the shine. If you are going to use Rejex or any other quality polish, stick with it after the first application instead of mixing with whatever you or your detailer have on hand. A good polish works best when it is used consistently because it will bond to itself adding protection with every application. Unlike wax, buid-up with a polish is a good thing since it will not turn on you.