Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Fuel Flow Sensor

Your Honda should be pre wired for a fuel monitor. Honda has a Gage that does it all and it is VERY accurate because it works off of the Injectors and timing of the motor.

It isn't cheap [ about $700.00 ] but it does more that watch the fuel. Check with a Honda dealer to see if your wiring harness is ready for it , most are.

I don't know if they have an interface module for the Honda, but the lowrance LMF-400 is a neat little gauge that will take fuel flow off the engines cpu w/o the proper wiring harness and the unit and harness can be had for ~$250 (maybe more since I got mine a few years ago). I've found the fuel burn to be pretty much spot on with my suzuki 140. And you can program in a correction factor after you've run a few trips.

It installs in a std tachometer cutout, and you just need to run the cabling to your engine, and power to the unit. You do have to set it up to let it know what engine you are using, fuel tank(s) size and then you can make custom screens to display the information. I basically use two screens, one for the tach/temp, one with the fuel burn. If you have a NMEA 2000 gps, you can tie that in and it will give you mileage by calculating your fuel burn vs. speed.

Here's what the honda gage does and its pre wired ---Plug and play.

http://www.honda-croatia.com/cjenici/Honda...0pagina%27s.pdf

Digital Speedometer with fuel management 06373-ZY3-810

- Speed LCD 5-120 km/h, 3-75 mph, 3-65 knoths

- Fuel level LCD 8 bars

- Volt LCD 10.0 – 16.0 V

- Trip LCD 999,9 km/mile

• Fuel management

- Fuel flow LCD 2.0 – 999.9 (L/H), 0.5-75.0 GHP

- Fuel economy LCD max 999.9 km/l, MPG

- Fuel integration LCD max 999.9 L, G

- Water in fuel LCD alarm segment

Application as from BF75 until BF225