Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Most Embarrassing Day Fishing

I'll only confess this embarrassing day here........What's my penance?

Here's the scenario..........triple wham-0........2 outriggers, 1 flat line (out of 2)......big Dolphin.

3 anglers, 3 fish.

Here's what happened:

1. My 20# Penn Int'l line was threaded improperly on the rollers..........1 jump, SNAP. 40# fish GONE.

2. I man the net for angler 2. TOO BIG for net. Angler 2 tries to gaff with 1 hand. Gaff goes in water. Angler 2 is pissed, jumps in water to retreive gaff (with cell phone in pocket), Rx sunglasses on face. Angler and cell phone get back on boat. LOST FISH #2 after trying to hoist it over gunwale with leader. (smoke fuming from ears!!!)

3. Angler #3 needs a gaff to bring in fish. Lost #3 fish at boat. I SUCK!!!

What's a man to do? I need to go back to fishing school!

The day was salvaged with 2 boated 20# fish and 1 tuna.

Can you pros please help with some gaffing tips, because I totally screwed my buds out of 2 nice fish. :239_fishing:

so my embarrassing story of the weekend may even be worse,

friend in town from chicago, take him out trolling on saturday to miami, he misses 1st dolphin gettting it to the boat. i then reel dolphin #2 in and ice box it at approx noon. i then proceed to insult him all day for losing dophin # 1.

we get back to dock just after dark, he hands me dolphin #2 from the ice box, i grab it and then.............it slips right out of my hands off the boat and into the F***** water below the boat next to me...........

friend from chicago then insults me for the next 2 days for losing dolphin #2 after it was dead!

Mine was bit different. Was showing a novice on board how to jig for Whitefish on the delta in fifty feet of water. With about three people on my boat watching and several others from boats anchored alongside, I held the rod, a spinning rig, gently in my left hand and bounced the jig lightly off the bottom while explaining that you had to keep it moving like a small bait fish feeding in the mud.

While my attention was fixed on my audience, I had just uttered the words, "Like this," when something big hit the jig and zipped off up current. The rod/reel combo jumped out of my hand and left a wake for about ten feet before doing the submarine crash dive routine.

To several boatloads of laughter, all I could add was, "And, NOT like that."

Mine was bit different. Was showing a novice on board how to jig for Whitefish on the delta in fifty feet of water. With about three people on my boat watching and several others from boats anchored alongside, I held the rod, a spinning rig, gently in my left hand and bounced the jig lightly off the bottom while explaining that you had to keep it moving like a small bait fish feeding in the mud.

While my attention was fixed on my audience, I had just uttered the words, "Like this," when something big hit the jig and zipped off up current. The rod/reel combo jumped out of my hand and left a wake for about ten feet before doing the submarine crash dive routine.

To several boatloads of laughter, all I could add was, "And, NOT like that."

OH MAN THAT IS FREAKING FUNNY AS HELL! Spewed My Drink All Over Screen! :2261_high: At least you have a sense of Humor in the spot-light.