Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Looking For Good Child Pfds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sister will be visiting on May and we are going to Bimini with nieces and nephew, so I need PFD for the crossing and when in the boat.

Looking for 2 Child PFDs... had really good experience with Mustangs Lil Legends, so I was looking for the same...

Anybody know where to get a good price on them???

Cabelas had them dirt cheap, when I bougth one for my daugther, but they do not have them any more....

4/0 I think that you are referring to the inflatable one... and you are rig about those.... but the mustang Lil Legends are type II CG approved. I've passed several CG inspections with those, and no problems yet...

I think that for kids PFD are awesome, and just one of the few CG approved.

P1014293.jpg

4/0 I think that you are referring to the inflatable one... and you are rig about those.... but the mustang Lil Legends are type II CG approved. I've passed several CG inspections with those, and no problems yet...

I think that for kids PFD are awesome, and just one of the few CG approved.

P1014293.jpg

I'd try Boaters World. We were just at the local one here (going out of business) and they had them 30% off.

p.s. That's all we have for our grandkids is Mustang Lil' Legends.

I'd try Boaters World. We were just at the local one here (going out of business) and they had them 30% off.

BOB, where are you located... I called 3 BW, POMPANO, FT LAUDERDALE and MIAMI...

The first 2 are out of stock and the one on Miami, the guy was really nasty, and told me that he didn't had time to check for availability or to see if they have them in stock....

Emanuel, I need to upgrade a couple of PFD's for my kids too this sumer. I get about 35-40% off list with Port Supply. If you would like to split an order, let me know,

John

I have a Mustang "Lil Legends" very much like the one pictured above. It was hands down, bar none, the best of the bunch. I believe there was one other one that was perhaps a little better, but it was like twice asa expensive (therefore, not in the "bunch"). Think I paid something like $50-60... Still using it after 3 years and will use it for at least another 4-5 with our little boy. Might need to purchase another one if my kids are in the same "class" and size - I will purchase the identical one without hesitation.

My opinion, spend a little extra for one that is not only comfortable, but is rated highly and well made. That is one thing you will notice, the Mustang is well made, has mesh (breathable) inside areas and the flotation is one thick piece - not stacks of pieces that tend to wad up and move around. I also don't have a lick of mildew on it either and that says a lot about the materials - I have cheaper adult PFD's purchased the same time that look 10 years older...

USCG Type II - Infant/Child (up to 90 lbs)

USCG Type III - Youth (w/no collar 50-90 lbs)

Read the reveiws at WM - <Lil Legends Link>

I have a Mustang "Lil Legends" very much like the one pictured above. It was hands down, bar none, the best of the bunch. I believe there was one other one that was perhaps a little better, but it was like twice asa expensive (therefore, not in the "bunch"). Think I paid something like $50-60... Still using it after 3 years and will use it for at least another 4-5 with our little boy. Might need to purchase another one if my kids are in the same "class" and size - I will purchase the identical one without hesitation.

My opinion, spend a little extra for one that is not only comfortable, but is rated highly and well made. That is one thing you will notice, the Mustang is well made, has mesh (breathable) inside areas and the flotation is one thick piece - not stacks of pieces that tend to wad up and move around. I also don't have a lick of mildew on it either and that says a lot about the materials - I have cheaper adult PFD's purchased the same time that look 10 years older...

USCG Type II - Infant/Child (up to 90 lbs)

USCG Type III - Youth (w/no collar 50-90 lbs)

Read the reveiws at WM - <Lil Legends Link>

I agree with you... what I'm finding ODD is that the only Youth PFDs around are all type 3!!!!

I was planing to buy a Youth size (50LB to 90LB i think) for my niece, store it, and pass it to my daughter when she gets to that weight but, even the LIL legends are type 3!!!

I think that the only type 2 for that age are the regular orange ones, and you know how uncomfortable those are to get a child to ware them all the time :471_confused_face::504_shrugging: ....

I agree with you... what I'm finding ODD is that the only Youth PFDs around are all type 3!!!!

I was planing to buy a Youth size (50LB to 90LB i think) for my niece, store it, and pass it to my daughter when she gets to that weight but, even the LIL legends are type 3!!!

I think that the only type 2 for that age are the regular orange ones, and you know how uncomfortable those are to get a child to ware them all the time :471_confused_face::504_shrugging: ....

Go look in Costco. I was there last night and they had some very nice type III neoprene ski vests for the older kids. Much more comfy and roomy. They also had some little people Type III PFDs' with the head flotation. I cant remember the make or brand but the price was very good and they didnt look like junk. And if you need toilette paper anyway its worth looking while you are there.