Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Fuel Line Or Flow Problem

ran the boat last weekend with no problem this weekend ran it for about 10 mins, parked at the beach, came back and started it up, ran at about 10m rpm for about 100 yrs and it shut off. I was unable to get the primer bulb tight nor get the motor to start. came home pulled the primer off which is on the motor side of the racor and change the bulb. Pumped and held the other side until gas came out of it then reconnected the bulb and the motor fired right up. this is about the 3rd time in the past two yrs this has happened!! any ideas what is going on. On a pursuit, the fuel tanks have two pickups which I have turned off and on. getting to the hoses on the tanks is not an easy job or I would replace all the hoses. what to do?

Ethanol will eat primer bulbs, don't know what else to tell you man, sorry.

I would be sure to check/replace all filters downstream from the bulb.

First post here, the anti-syphon valve if you have one can be sticking, or a vacuum condition may be present in the tank, is the vent clear?

Also maybe the fuel pickup tube in the tank may be clogged there should be a screen on the bottom of the tube..

You could unscrew the angle fitting at the tank that the fuel line enters ,that is the valve and blow thru and eye ball the ball to see if it's clear. and the fuel pickup tube will be connected to that fitting.

Good luck!

thanks my problem is getting to the pickups without taking the large hatch off. pursuit fuel lines are screwed into the main pickup, not held by a clamp over a barb fitting. I changed out the bulb and got fuel to the motor, may need to just carry several bulbs