Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Dental Work

I hadn't been to the dentist since 5th grade, so I decided that now i have my own insurance it was time to go. Now my mouth is numb and my pockets are empty. Not only did i have 4 cavities but one of my wisdom teeth is coming in side ways and is close to impacting itself on my mandible nerve which could cause facial numbness and paralysis. So now i'm scheduled for surgery at the end of this month. And my DENTAL insurance isn't going to cover alot of it. Mainly not the sedation, What is insurance for anyways? Another day, another thousand dollars. I need a bail out.

Has anyone else had this type of wisdom tooth problem?

Opps, posted this in the wrong section. thought i was in dockside.

Ya bro looks like it might be genetic, Its ok though, seeing as i got all the good genes in the family i had to have something to connect us together. j/k

looks like forces are trying to keep me off the water. Seems that the fish prayers are answered for now.

Opps, posted this in the wrong section. thought i was in dockside.

Ya bro looks like it might be genetic, Its ok though, seeing as i got all the good genes in the family i had to have something to connect us together. j/k

looks like forces are trying to keep me off the water. Seems that the fish prayers are answered for now.

Don't feel bad Mattchew, I have to get one pulled in the near future....Greg, I wish all dentists were as cool as you!

Love appreciated.

I called you the other day Ralph to talk some fishing....then forgot to call you back. We need to set up some fishing...inshore/offshore. You and pops can roll down and I can show you where I fish on the New River.

This could be just the excuse I've been looking for to make another invasion to the Sneads Ferry area.

they will wear in with a little chewing. The wisdom teeth thing is a pain, litterally, just ride it out, better than dealing with the severe pain from not getting them out. I had 4 done, during spring break of my senior year of college. They were all impacted. Ended up with 2 black eyes from the procedure......but also a good bottle of drugs. Condine and bourbon do not mix.......trust me, I took apart a car, it is still in pieces.....

Other than that, it isn't that big of a deal, just don't schedule anything overly important for about 2 or 3 days following surgery. Also, avoid foods that are grainy in texture for about a week or two, and be sure to clean everything with salt water as they direct, this is the most important part.

they will wear in with a little chewing. The wisdom teeth thing is a pain, litterally, just ride it out, better than dealing with the severe pain from not getting them out. I had 4 done, during spring break of my senior year of college. They were all impacted. Ended up with 2 black eyes from the procedure......but also a good bottle of drugs. Condine and bourbon do not mix.......trust me, I took apart a car, it is still in pieces.....

Other than that, it isn't that big of a deal, just don't schedule anything overly important for about 2 or 3 days following surgery. Also, avoid foods that are grainy in texture for about a week or two, and be sure to clean everything with salt water as they direct, this is the most important part.

I appreciate the advice. My procedure is scheduled towards the weekend, Looks like work isn't going to like the call i'm going to make tomorrow. Maybe this Flu H1N1 thing will be over by the time i get back.

autobaun70, do you know anything about condine and tequila :1992_beer_cheer: