Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Destin Trailer Storage

Does anyone know of a place near Joe's Bayou ramp that stores boat trailers? I used the place that is/was on Calhoun or Sibert about 1/2-1 mile from the ramp and can't recall the name- going towards the ramp it was on the right hand side. It's been a few years and can't remember the name and don't have the number.

Here's a google map of it(334 Calhoun- but not sure address is right, but this is the place), but I can't find a number listed for it and can't make out the name on the sign.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=.....sa=N&tab=wl

Unfortunately, the people going with me don't know how to drive the boat or the truck with trailer so I need to do it alone and want the storage yard to be as close to the ramp as possible.

Thanks

I used the guys at what was Paradise Marine I think in Ft. Walton. I think it may be Seatow now. It is across from the car dealership. They have a ramp there on the intercoastal and it was reasonable. I know it is not Destin but it is convenient. I didn't know if you were looking short or long term. They would let me use a slip when available if I was going out a few days in a row.

Thanks, but it sounds a little farther away than I want. We're staying at Waterview Towers on Holiday Isle. The condos here are the way to go IMHO if you bring a boat to Destin. Private marina across the harbor from AJ's, private beach, and right on the pass.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, but it sounds a little farther away than I want. We're staying at Waterview Towers on Holiday Isle. The condos here are the way to go IMHO if you bring a boat to Destin. Private marina across the harbor from AJ's, private beach, and right on the pass.

There's a storage place on Mountain Drive. Can't remember the name but you can't mis it. Turn right at Sexton's, go 3/4 the way around the traffic circle and it will be up on your right.

There's a storage place on Mountain Drive. Can't remember the name but you can't mis it. Turn right at Sexton's, go 3/4 the way around the traffic circle and it will be up on your right.

Thanks, I'll try to find the name and give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll try to find the name and give them a call tomorrow.

Ended up going with D&J Dry Storage at 11 Calhoun. $20/day or $120/week. Boat ramp right beside their lot, but I understand it can be a little tricky depending on the tide.