Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boaters world

Went to the raleigh store sat.They still had a alot of stuff.They said two more trucks were coming this week.Also they were going to meet this week and talk about price drops and how often.Not sure but i think he said they had 38 days and there gone at that store.I"am going to try and check back, every thing was 10% yesterday.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went by the Norfolk store yesterday and agree that some things are listed a little higher than normal. The electrical was 30% off here too. The guys working were nice enough considering they don't know how much longer they will have a job. They said the stores are now owned by a liquidator and they are calling all the shots, the employees said they have no idea when the prices will change.

We are lucky enough up here to have some other stores besides a Waste Marine so there is still some competition.

I was in the store in Raleigh on Saturday too. The above info is correct - at this point the inventory is owned by a liquidator, the same company that handled Circuit City I believe. This store was more stocked than ever, they're obviously unloading the warehouses into the retail locations. And if you notice - everything - and I mean everything has new price labels, which means a lot, if not all, did go up. Though I don't think it was a big mark-up, maybe enough to cover the initial 10% markdown round. In fact, I bought a bolt-on Taco rod holder and did pay about 10% less than it had been when i purchased the same unit late last year. With the amount of product that they still had on the shelves I suspect there will be some very good deals in another week or two. I'm sure the liquidators are working on a clock - to drive their cash to cash cycle. I doubt it's as long as July, but it would not be in their interest to tell anyone the straight scoop on that. There will likely be some very good deals over the next few weeks as they get more anxious to unload remaining inventory. At this point selection is still great.

Tough deal - hate to see anyone going out of business - BW wasn't always perfect, but they were convenient for me, and I spent a lot of money with them over the last several years. Hopefully some of the smaller local operators will be able to do well in this economy.