Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Less Bashing - - - Take the Higher Road

Personally I could care less if there is political crap/ stuff on this site or any other site, because I really can't be bothered to read it.....everything has it's place. But if a show of hands are needed, I'll raise mine. Now all you have to do is decide in what group I raise my hand for? :rolleyes::1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinkin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on no politics and no bashing. The only time that anything political could be here is when it affects boating and related things. There are times that those things need to be addressed so all of the boating community can be aware and take the necessary steps to either put it down or put it in place if it would benefit us all. This might be a case of getting the info to admin and have them post and lock to prevent political discussion from getting out of hand as they usually do. If I am wrong just tell me, ya ain't gonna hurt my feelings. :605_thumbs_up:

Obviously some people like FREEDOM, (knowin' they are free to read or not read various threads by exercisin' their own freedom of choice, [imagine that :blink: ]), and some value a totally padded n' censored and totally borin' play room where politically correct topics are strictly selected by majority of "squeeky cornplainin' wheels" choice and are forcefully and heavily monitered to make sure no one is ever EVER offended (because they just can't ignore what bothers 'em, and they can't possibly ever pick and choose how to spend their own online time). :504_shrugging:

If ya use yer brain a wee bit, (I know that is very difficult fer some), and ponder the number of views of those very engagin', (n' very irritatin' ta some posters here: obviously), threads on all the boatin' sites you would find the most views, (by a very wide margin) on the very topics you fellers are so quick to want ta bannish.

Methinks Singapore is the place fer many of you freedom hatin' fellers, or maybe Cub'r or Venezuala or some such, (where ya go ta jail or worse fer offendin' the wrong party who happens ta be in power at the time ya happen ta offend).

I, (fer one, n' maybe only one), vote fer freedom, an unpopular or at the very least unvoiced minority opinion on this particular thread.

Me over price (n' likely very unpopular) $.02. JR :)

"I agree on no politics and no bashing. The only time that anything political could be here is when it affects boating and related things. There are times that those things need to be addressed so all of the boating community can be aware and take the necessary steps to either put it down or put it in place if it would benefit us all."

midway.... I agree with you 100%. Boating/fishing related laws and regs are important to all of us in this forum. The everyday politics and bashing and name calling serves no usefull purpose on this site.

Ron

Like Granny used to say, "You gotta do what You do best".

Just padding the thread count...Don't wanna be a Newbie no more.

Woo-Hoo!!!! I'm a member!!! Go ahead and jump all over that one,

I got it coming.

Only fitting on a post begun by the original self proclaimed "posting ######" ....the fine man we know as Auguste. :2403_worshipper:

Having spent a good bit of my life in courtrooms, I know whenever you have an adversarial arena, things can get out of hand.

And, having spent another good bit of my life in bars, I also know that certain topics like religion and politics can make it hard to keep order, even among friends.

So I have no problem with banning the polictical discussions, however the real key is for folks to keep a civil tongue in their heads. You can engage in friendly joshing and banter without going over the line into personal insult and invective. :1925_: And I think we all know where that line is and can stay on the right side of it if we want to.

Wiley will no doubt step in if he needs to, but we can all make his job a lot easier if we exercise self restraint.