Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boating Pet Peeves?

We stopped at a very nice restaurant on the ICW in Hollywood, FL for lunch one day, and a totally stereotypical "go-fast idiot" (very overweight, white Oakley sunglasses, Speedo about four sizes too small, and a four pound gold necklace hanging over his ape-hair-covered chest) docked his 38 Fountain (yes, it was covered in a ridiculous looking multi-neon-colored graphic wrap) at the seawall. He and his four clones clambered ashore, leaving the stereo blaring at ear-splitting volume, and plopped their drunken oversized butts at the table next to us. They proceeded to carry on a very loud conversation (necessary to be heard over the stereo), dropping the F-bomb every third word. When they started pawing over the waitress, the manager finally asked them to leave. They pulled away from the seawall at about 20 knots. :753_hammer_hitting_head:

And were promptly pulled over by a USCG patrol boat about a half-mile away. :D

Once in a great while, justice triumphs. :1946_headbanging:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We stopped at a very nice restaurant on the ICW in Hollywood, FL for lunch one day, and a totally stereotypical "go-fast idiot" (very overweight, white Oakley sunglasses, Speedo about four sizes too small, and a four pound gold necklace hanging over his ape-hair-covered chest) docked his 38 Fountain (yes, it was covered in a ridiculous looking multi-neon-colored graphic wrap) at the seawall. He and his four clones clambered ashore, leaving the stereo blaring at ear-splitting volume, and plopped their drunken oversized butts at the table next to us. They proceeded to carry on a very loud conversation (necessary to be heard over the stereo), dropping the F-bomb every third word. When they started pawing over the waitress, the manager finally asked them to leave. They pulled away from the seawall at about 20 knots. :753_hammer_hitting_head:

And were promptly pulled over by a USCG patrol boat about a half-mile away. :D

Once in a great while, justice triumphs. :1946_headbanging:

:1925_: :1925_: :1925_:

I agree with all of above. It is the ignorant folks who go out and buy a boat and have no clue of the rules. The problem is compounded when they are under the influence. I avoid being out on the water after dark to too many near misses and seeing the sad results of foolhardy folks mistakes.

Well I got 2 e-mails from Wiley about not about not posting any… So I'll add mine.

Snow birds that travel the ICWW in their big POS's and for some reason think the smallish creek (compared to the ICWW) that my boat is docked is where they need to go at a very nice full plow speed. No regard to my boat what-so-ever. They usually don't figure it out until the creek is barely wide enough for their boat. The good ones come back by at just over an idle. The bad ones come back like they need to make up the time they lost. I have stood on the end of the dock several times with a high powered rifle in plain view....funny how that makes them slow down.

As for the boat ramp issues......man I have to smile every time I put my boat in at my uncles private ramp. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Crappy docks/piers that have nails and jagged shards of metal ready to mame my pristine gelcoat, no matter how I place my fenders. Oh and all floating docks ,up here people use em so they can leave em in during hard water (ice). Most of the floating docks I have walked on bounce and bob so much you feel like you had 4 margaritas .

• 3 weeks later...

People who pull up right next to you when there is two miles of open beach or water in every direction. This is true whether it be fishing or just beaching. If I had wanted crowds I would gone to the mall or planned a party.

Thats what gets me. I`m with you on that one. My wife and I love Port St. Joe because of all the open stretch of beaches. You can pull up and feel like your in the middle of nowhere UNTIL - the A-HOLE with his stereo blasting pulls up 20 ft away drops anchor and then he and his girl walk off down the beach. Did I ask for a concert? HELL NO :753_hammer_hitting_head:

Ditto on the assclowns that ignore NO Wake zones. My boat died at a ramp on the ICW a couple of weeks ago and I had to walk it around from the outside to the inside to get it back to the ramp itself. At least 3 idiots plowed through the area totally oblivious (or just didn't care) about the wake they threw up. One put out a wake 2+ feet tall. It was all I could do to keep my boat from beating itself to death on the dock. Man I hate those guys.

Ditto.