Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Lake Lanier Bunch

He has had the waverunners and the inflatable up there at different times. Right now he needs to spend alittle more time with the studies and not the social life. Last night was spent trying to rearrange his schedule for fall so he only has class on Tuesday and Thursday like he did last spring. What a life.

Oh wait. I forgot that when I was at UGA we had a houseboat and a Tahiti runabout at Lanier just an hour north. I seem to remember midweek trips to the lake. Like father like son???

BTW - Robby is working this summer at West in Smyrna as well as a valet parking cars at Lenox. If you see him at West, say hello.

He has had the waverunners and the inflatable up there at different times. Right now he needs to spend alittle more time with the studies and not the social life. Last night was spent trying to rearrange his schedule for fall so he only has class on Tuesday and Thursday like he did last spring. What a life.

Oh wait. I forgot that when I was at UGA we had a houseboat and a Tahiti runabout at Lanier just an hour north. I seem to remember midweek trips to the lake. Like father like son???

BTW - Robby is working this summer at West in Smyrna as well as a valet parking cars at Lenox. If you see him at West, say hello.

Drove by BW...they are officially gone :(

I'll stop by and say hello.

Hi guys - took awhile but I signed on yesterday. Great to see the gang posting!

Some of you may know that the boat WAS at the NAS Pensacola marina for a few months (covered on the trailer). Son Adam is in training there to become a Naval Aviator and in a year or so more of training will have his "Wings of Gold"! Anyway, his training has him going up to Whiting Field (about 30 miles north of NAS Pensacola for primary flight training and he just doesn't have time to check on the boat so we thought it best to bring it home - at least for now.

It will be great to reconnect at the lake once more. Bob, I saw your post on THT about a get-together soon. We'd sure be up for that!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to all once again!

Jim, sure Adam is having fun but it must be nice having one of your children home! And really nice to have ramps open and lines reduced all over the lake. FYI - Lanier Harbour has dropped the redevelopment for now and is advertising a $100 month storage with use of the big ramp they have. Do not think they are doing launches any more.

Things seem slow on all the forums lately so I just bounce between the two. Thought I would offer to get everyone together but it seems to get tougher and tougher. Looking at the calendar there are a couple of possibilities but 7/18 might be the best.

If I get to the lake this weekend it might be for awhile on Sunday.

Thought I would offer to get everyone together but it seems to get tougher and tougher. Looking at the calendar there are a couple of possibilities but 7/18 might be the best.

Yep it IS nice have the boat back - it's amazing how much mildew can collect when you store a boat next to the water in a humid climate like the panhandle! I've pretty much gotten all of it off - FINALLY!

FWIW, I know that the the 18th won't work for us, but the 11th or the 25th look ok. I know it's hard to get a crowd together! :504_shrugging:

Ted,

Glad to hear that Lanier being full has taken the pressure off your lakes. We are enjoying the water. The biggest difference I have seen is the ramps being much less crowded when we launch the waverunners. Last year we would wait an hour to use the ramp.

The problem has not been finding Robby a boat to use at Clemson, it is what is he going to pay for it with! At least he has gotten over the idea of Mom and Dad buying him a boat to live on while he is in school. His math on how it was so much cheaper just left off the slip fees at a marina. Now, if it would have gotten around the out of state tuition, I might have listened.