Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Wtb Marine A/c

Looking for something well maintained and fairly new, between 5k BTU to 12K BTU, I just lost a very good one on THaT other forum, from 2004, 12kBTU, with digital display and everything for 500 bucks... looking on that range.

If you guys know of anything please let me know... I will appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

Emanuel.....you really don't want anything bigger than 6000. The cabin is a very small space and if the AC is to big it will short cycle and freeze up. Hell even 5000 is big for these cabins. The best fit both in physical size and BTU would be a 3500. Unfortunalty you won't find these for less than around a grand.

Emanuel.....you really don't want anything bigger than 6000. The cabin is a very small space and if the AC is to big it will short cycle and freeze up. Hell even 5000 is big for these cabins. The best fit both in physical size and BTU would be a 3500. Unfortunalty you won't find these for less than around a grand.

Jacobi: thanks for the link.. I looked at that one, that priced right, but I was waiting for a real deal....

I have a unit that I'm ready to install, but it's kind of old, and do not know how reliable will be.... I do not want to have to do the work twice..

Hey Chris!!! nice to know.... I tought that bigger was better... what do you mean by it will short cycle and freeze up??

PS: did you get my e-mails with the pictures???

At a given temperature setting you want your A/c to run long enough to condense the water in the air and drop the humidity of the cabin. If you have an oversized unit, it will only run a short time each cycle and won't have enough time to circulate enough air through to drop the humidity before it reaches the desired temperature and shuts off, leaving your cabin damp.

At a given temperature setting you want your A/c to run long enough to condense the water in the air and drop the humidity of the cabin. If you have an oversized unit, it will only run a short time each cycle and won't have enough time to circulate enough air through to drop the humidity before it reaches the desired temperature and shuts off, leaving your cabin damp.

:605_thumbs_up::605_thumbs_up::605_thumbs_up::605_thumbs_up:

FloridaR is correct. A oversized unit will short cycle and leave the humidity behind. When a home is getting AC a heatload calculation is preformed to keep such things from happing.

An AC coil will only freeze if air flow thru it is is severely restricted or it has a freon leak.