Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Polishing Windshield

I usually don't recommend cheap tools, but for something like this. This little 40.00 dollar buffer would be great if you have a air compressor. The gray foam pad from 3M works the best.

99934.gif

Here is the link to it....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=99934

Advance Auto parts has the polish.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wc...rs%20Plastix___

Don't use automotive polishes on plastic. The solvents in some of the compounds will attack the plastic and give it that fine hair line crack look.

You can sand the plastic but you should use a ultra fine paper. 220 is WAY to coarse. 600 is the lowest grit I would use. I like 800-1000 grit.

This is some good stuff. I have used it on plenty of boat windshields and head lights/tail lights on autos. Remember to use some type of wax thats made for plastic after you polish it. The wax will help protect it. (I spent 28 years in the bodyshops)....................

p84711z.jpg

I bought and used this stuff and it worked great. I found that I have a few deep scratches. It had so many tiny ones you couldn't even see the bigger scratches! I figure if I clean the "glass" a few more times over the summer I should be able to get some of the deeper scratches out.

Thanks everyone!

I bought and used this stuff and it worked great. I found that I have a few deep scratches. It had so many tiny ones you couldn't even see the bigger scratches! I figure if I clean the "glass" a few more times over the summer I should be able to get some of the deeper scratches out.

Thanks everyone!

That stuff is great!