Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Parent Rant.......dui In My Back Yard

they are lucky you reaired the fence and are giving them the opportunity to pay you rather than filing a claim with their insurance company.

their insurance is gonna take a hit anyway, but a property damage claim/acdident with the dui wouldn't help.

also, whatever plea/program he gets from the court would more than likely either notify you as an aggrieved party where you could request restitution or the court would just order it in exchange for the program that the little brat gets.

I am sure that you had something better to do than repair your fence.

My girls would tell there friends and grandmas that they have a mean Daddy.

That's because I will not put up with back talk or breaking the rules.

My Dad told me that if I went to jail , I got myself in and I could get myself out. Then he told me I better not start a fight but if I was in one I BETTER finish it.

I believed him because he never lied to me .

Now the Drunk kid , I'm not sue happy but I would file suit on that kid just to drive it home because his Parental units wont.

I don't know what it is with people now days , they think there kids are perfect . If junior can start the car and make it go for a few weeks he must be able to drive anything and have total knowledge of driving . Then they wonder why Jr. doesn't have any RESPECT for the family car .

Why should Jr. care ? He has been given everything and is not held accountable for anything .

Kids today are so lazy that if they do ANYTHING they are over rewarded because the lazy parental unit is so amazed that the dysfunctional game boy playing heathen did something.

I am so tired of seeing kids sit on their azz while mom and dad do yard work and home maintenance and the brats wont even come outside . Just how in the he!! are the brats going to learn anything . Here ya go .......Yeah son , take my 40.000 dollar truck and go play while I mow the yard........NOT, it should be--- Dad the yard is done what do you want me to do now ?

Man when I was a little kid the neighbors were aloud to beat you, yes BEAT you , and if they had to lay into ya it was way worse when you got home, And school oh dude , you didn't want to get in trouble at school because that made your parents look bad and the worse you made your parents look the better the beating you got at home .

Now days the kid gets in trouble at school the parent calls down to the school [ Their to lazy to drive and the VP doesn't want to see them anyway ] and ###### to get their brat off the hook and it works , The parents feel like superman, The teachers don't care and the kid learns that he is NOT RESPONSIBLE.

Sad but true Les :1898_:

My dad would have kicked my rear end into next week. I was 16 in the late 90s and it would have not been any different that you guys in that grew up in the 80s. Not to mention, my parents would not allow me to driving at 2am nevermind drunk! That kid is about to lose his license possibly until he is 21, which he should. The parents should have been at your house at 9am with a check to pay for your fence or at the very least contacted thier insurance company and forwarded you the information, or been in some sort of contact with you. Now I see where the kid gets it from :753_hammer_hitting_head:

Did the kid or his family contact you to apologize or make good on the fence yet?

The mother did call me a few days later all apologetic etc. She said junior would be coming by to personally apologize....well junior has not shown his face around here at all. ....Actually the mother made an odd comment that she thought junior was too drunk to drive and speculated that one of the other minions was really responsible but bolted before the cops got their leaving Junior to take the fall. I personally dont see it.

I submitted a claim to the kids ins company as my own company does security fence work for the navy so I got my foreman up the next day and we finished :1992_beer_cheer: rebuilt the fence.

The funny part was the claims agent asked me if I was qualified I replied that my company built a 14000 ft electric fence at GTMO she said that was good enough for her. LOL