Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Yam F250 Service

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the torque information. Is there a rating for the lower unit plugs too?

there is a torque specification page in the F250 owner's book (pg 42). exact torque on oil filter is actually 13.3 ft/lb. LU plug is just tight. look at the slot before you remove it and make sure it is about the same when you tighten it back up......but tight.

You can use this as a reference. The F200/225 and F250 are very similar.

Yamaha F200/255 Maintenance Tips

Thanks Hotspot,

I did my water pump Friday, your photos and instructions were great!!! I used a nail set to drive the woodruff key out, it only took a few taps with a hammer.

Thanks again, Rick

Sea Hunt 220 Escape DC with F225 Yamaha

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered everything from Andy today (including pump kits.) I thought it was interesting that he recommended draining the engine oil, as opposed to pumping it out. Everything I've read indicates that most folks pump it out the dipstick hole.

Should I add a Yamaha service manual to the purchase, or will the online tutorials and instructions you gentlemen have been kind enough to provide be sufficient?

Thanks again for all of the help!