Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Need Trailer Parts

Trailer: 2003 Wesco Aluminum I-Beam 3500lb Torsion Tandem Axles Tie Down Super Lube Tapered Spindles with Kodiak Disc Brakes

Trailer has a little over 30k miles on it. Brakes on the front axle only and they need to be replaced. They are Kodiak.

I have shopped around and can only find a couple vendors that have everything I need.

I want to replace the entire brake assembly on each side and the idler hubs on the rear axle. May as well do it all at one time.

This is the best I have found so far:

Eastern Marine Trailer Parts Superstore

1 KODIAK 10" Trailer Disc Brake Assy, S-CAD 1561002 $124.95 Total: $249.90

2 SuperLube 1.980" I.D. Hub/Drum Dust Cap #81168 5256079 $7.99 Total: $15.98

3 1" ID Round - TANG Washer 5257018 $1.89 Total: $7.56

4 1-3/8" x 1-1/16" Bearing, 5 on 4.5" Galv. Hub Kit #81093 5256183 $56.95 Total: $113.90

Basket Total: $387.34

Shipping is $29.50 so the grand total is $416.84

The idler hubs are a little high, but their price on the Kodiak SCAD is hard to beat.

Look good to y'all folks?

I would just give them a call and get a quote with shipping. I think this is the kit your talking about (integral rotor/hub) http://www.tufftrailer.com/store/index.php...products_id=267

At $216.24 its a much better price than your list in the first post.

You should really think about bumping up to the stainless steel calipers. They will outlast the trailer and its the one part that you cant easily change out. I would even think about getting a spare hub/rotor assembley. Its very easy to change out a hub o the side of road. Bearings, not so easy.

Got all the work done last night. TrollnHeel did all the work while I watched.

The old stuff was shot to say the least, but everything came off easily.

The Kodiak SCAD brakes are a quality product.

I will probably get a few MPG more in the Expe now!!!!

After all my research and price checking, Eastern Marine had the best overall price and quick delivery.