Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Buyer beware on boat top material

I own a custom canvas shop and been in business since 1984 and have over 35 years experience.I built a top and enclosure for a customer 2 years ago out of a material called aqualon made by Granitville and sold by Trivantage.After 2 years the material faded from burgandy to almost white.The material is supposed to have a 5 year warrant,but when I contacted Granitville they refused to stand by there material and would not honer there warranty.In my opinion the material is junk and I will no longer use it especially if the company will not stand behind it.I rebuilt the job for the customer at coast losing over $2000 as well as the customer having to put out $2400 to rebuild a job only 2 years old.All because Granitville would not stand behind there product.So buyer beware I would not use aqualon on any top work you plan to have done in the future.

Members on sites are not too open to first time posters bashing anything FYI. You would also gain more credibility with better spelling and grammar. It will be interesting to see responses from others on this one 1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinking_beer.gif