Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Prop Speed

I've heard of this product but never used it. To me it makes no sense at all and only goes to the thought if used on a prop would create more slip. I say this because when you "lab" a prop you are roughing up the surface so it bites better. So in short polishing a prop isn't a good thing IMO.

Now as far as the other metal surfaces I can agree it would help there to prevent growth.

Good point David. A friend of mine served on a chopper and he told me a story one day they polished up the blades real nice with wax. Looked great but when they fired up the chopper the couldn't develop enough lift to get er off the ground. They had to strip the wax off the blades.

Another option and perhaps less expensive is Pettit Metal Primer 6455/044 (1 coat) followed by Pettit Tie-Coat Primer (1 coat) and finally antifouling paint (2 coats). This works well also provided the surface has been prepared properly.If you do not wish to paint the props apply teflon grease to them. It will last for months and no living creature can hang on to it.605_thumbs_up.gif

Edited by Joe Mc 44