Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

EA OF CORTEZ-EAST CAPE ROCKS!

EAST CAPE ROCKS!

The bite is sick! East Cape is having the best yellowtail action I have ever seen with fish that look like they are on steroids plus striped marlin have shown up with a big appetite.

I love providing the catching experience for first timers. Gary and Cindy Green of Chico CA stopped by with their daughter and granddaughter to set up a fishing trip on Jen Wren. Cindy was very reluctant stating she never had any luck and wanted the rest of the family to go without her. I explained that there was a good chance of sighting whales, porpoise, turtles, sea lions and other sea life and that a great time could be had without catching fish.

Yesterday Cindy elected to join the family and what a time it turned out to be. 15 year old granddaughter Shai-Anne and Gary both landed nice yellowtail in the morning. Then we headed a little further off shore where Gary caught and released his first marlin ever. Shortly after that we spotted 4 tailers in a group and hung 2 of them. Gary and Cindy battled both fish to leader and we released them.

At the end of the day Cindy had not only seen all the sea life hoped for she had also released the largest fish.

318121.jpg

15 year old Shai-Anne with a dandy

318122.jpg

Proud grandfather with their first yellowtail

318123.jpg

It was exciting when the first marlin exploded out of the water

318124.jpg

This fish put on quite a show

318125.jpg

Gary has the first-timer smile

318126.jpg

Now husband and wife have doubles going

318127.jpg

Uh-oh! One is heading south while the other heads north. Thank you Accurate Reels! I love you guys.

318128.jpg

It is choas!

318129.jpg

Cindy's fish is a monster striper

3181210.jpg

Finally got em going the same direction. Gary is really putting on the heat.

3181211.jpg

First fish to the boat

3181212.jpg

Here comes number 2

Mark Rayor

teamjenwren.com

markrayor.blogspot.com

US cell 310 308 5841