Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

BUYER BEWARE 21 Sailfish Bayboat

Brand new 21 sailfish bay boat .the circuit electrical center is installed by the builder and it was installed upside down. the battery charger was hooked up incorrectly as well and two leads were left bare and laying in the bilge shorting the system. the bait well light never worked period. cushions torn and the Jackwagons at dell marine installed another motor on the boat and installed it in the wrong position. They are no longer Sailfish dealers.Sailfish has yet to rectify anything promised after several times of promising they would send replacement cushions and simple plumbing hardware for the center console cup holder, the water just runs into the bottom of the console. also if you look close they do not seal the dash instrumentation panel or any other installed components like the compass and they all leak water into the console as well. Sailfish craftsmanship has gone way down. I beleive some of the guys on this site work for sailfish because they try to discount everything I have stated before. This is my second Sailfish Boat. I love the design of the boat but buyer beware they have just been providing lousy quality in building the boats.Also was told the fuel tank is poly plastic and it is aluminum and the sending unit plate and screws are corroded. the boat was not setup on the trailer as well the bunks were 4 inches aft of the trim tabs with the boat fully on the trailer which could have destroyed them even though it automatically trims to up when you shut the motor off.

I'm lost on some of dis...

Also was told the fuel tank is poly plastic and it is aluminum and the sending unit plate and screws are corroded. the boat was not setup on the trailer as well the bunks were 4 inches aft of the trim tabs with the boat fully on the trailer which could have destroyed them even though it automatically trims to up when you shut the motor off.

Plastic fuel tank is a cheap substitute for aluminum, btw, plastic tanks always emit fuel fumes. Never know

if the fumes are a leaking tank or "acceptable leakage"

Why not spray sum corrosion inhibitor on all screws, bolts and motor powerhead ?

finally, did Sailfish supply the trailer ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...