Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Billfish back…Emilio scores a first

emilio-valdez-with-his-first-striped-marlin-at-5-years-old.gif

Emilio Valdez with his first striped marlin at 5 years old.

Sorry I didn’t write last week, I was on vacation! But everything remained the same without me, just check the numbers of fish. We actually had a number of fisherman during my absence.

Not bad right? The tuna continued to be in the 20 to 50 lbs range, however when the wind blew for a few days it was difficult to locate the porpoise. Billfish action took up the slack when the tuna action slowed for the anglers. Dorado action was sporadic with the fish only found on a couple of days last week, nothing consistent, just two decent days.

This week we had a large group of 30 people from Tamaulipas. Fishing on eight boats they racked up: 1 blue marlin, 6 striped marlin, 10 sailfish, 1 wahoo and 3 dorado. For most of them it was their first time catching billfish (blue, striped and sailfish) and of course first wahoo. We have some pictures of this group from their awards dinner, not from the fish unfortunately.

Bait continues to be plentiful, sardina, mackerel, jacks, ballyhoo, and mullet.

It was a hot week, but is changing already for the following days. Let's see how it goes this week.

Totals:

(R indicates Released)

2 Blue Marlin

17 Striped Marlin 11R

20 Sailfish 18 R

26 Dorado

54 Tuna

2 Wahoo

1 Amberjack

4 Roosterfish 4R