Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Another site gone to the dogs..................

Well it certainly is inconsiderate, especially in this market. However, the mods may have done your friend a favor. Just think how many other people looking for work may have seen it ahead of him or after him and applied. By deleting it, they may have kept the applicant pool lower for your friend.

Hey, had to try and find a glass is half full out of this somehow.

Good point . . . a PM may have been a better tool

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am the one from the forum in question that posted...and I have to say, it is absolutely ridiculous. Rick even sent a PM to one of thier Mods asking what the deal was, and got some BS answer. Whatever.

They locked that thread today because it was not related to fishing. What they fail to realize is that there were a few guys helping me out with the new job search, which will allow me to spend money on thier advertisers stuff, which will keep money in thier pockets.

Sometimes I just wonder if people are incredibly selfish, inconsiderate, or just plain A-holes. Makes me want to :753_hammer_hitting_head: them.

Here is my opinion, which may not mean anything to some people.

A boating forum is a group of friends that care about fishing. If it's someone's birthday, or someone passed away, those threads are allowed to stay. But if a fellow friend, or boater is having tough times they should be able to reach out to there boating friends to see if there is a resolution. You never know someone may be in construction and just lost there job, and another forum member may be looking to hire 20 new people. It is a community of help, friends, tips, techniques, and knowledge.

Just my opinion.

David

I read on a well known Florida site where a buddy of mine made a post about loosing his job. (We all know that suks)

Someone made a post with a link to a company where he could possibly get a job at. Well one of the moderators deleted the link because it was not fishing related,,,W.T.F?

Inconsiderate people piss me off! I said something about it, and here is the reply I got in a PM from one of there mods,,,

Quote""(the owner of the site) really wants us to keep it about fishing. As you can see, I've left Mike's thread up, which is our way of saying we empathize with someone losing their gig. And we (the mods) will get just as many complaints from members who are currently unemployed as well, yet respect (the owner of the site) wishes to keep the conversation to fishing talk.

This is not FS forums and he really wants to keep it that way.""end quote.

Correct me if I'm wrong,,,,but don't most of us fisherman that post on these forums try to help people out,,,especially when they need a job?

Man that pissed me off!!!

(If I'm out of line with this post just delete it...........I had to vent)

Fisherman who play together.....pay together. If there is a personal issue, we have always stuck by each other and helped out when needed. We have supported our fishing buddies through time of war, death of a loved one and the good times as well.

Cheers!

IG