Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

anyone have a late 90's Scout 17

My son just bought a 1997 Scout 17" with a 90 YAMAHA . I have searched everywhere for info but none to be found. In running the boat

(no fuel in floor tank as it hasn't been used for years) just a 3 gallon tank it seems to ride very flat. Having testing boats as 1 of my jobs while working at the boat company I am familiar with trimming the boat in many different ways but it always seemed to run flat. So if anyone has

one or had one please let me know. I know how to properly install a motor on a regular transom but this boat has a step on it. I am going to get the speed tomorrow using a GPS and just installed a new tac so I can help him find that sweet spot. The boat was bought new and the owner got sick soon after, leaving it in a garage. the owner left it to the guy who took care of him. This is the guy he bought it from and they tried to use it once but wouldn't run due to bad gas the said so I cleaned out the tank and removed almost 3/4 gallon of water varnish and other crud.

I would be grateful for any info someone might have.

Thank You in Advance,