Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

How many here have been banned from that other site?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last resort for a problem at a website is to email "webmaster@ sitename. (com org edu...). If the junior G-Person has gone too far they may be taken to task.

Several years ago, a site I visited had a Web-Master's apology because a volunteer mod was banning members who had opinions contrary to that Mod's personal beliefs (can't remember the details). The up-shot ws the Mod got banned and everyne they banned was re-instated.

I'm sure these things happen behind the scenes but that was the only time I've seen this action admitted to.

Edited by Kamper

Unfortunately you folks are correct.

There is one particular Mod over on THT that has been there for so long that he now believes he is bigger than the forum itself. when he banned me it was with the comment "don't think anyone within IB is going to argue with me, they won't." When you have a Mod who believes he has that much control, it always ends up a big issue.

Wiley, contrary to your point above regarding appointing Mods, I suspect he has been a Mod on THT since your days on THT - since you made him a Mod on ReelBoaring as well - though thankfully he is inactive.

Florida Sportman has the same issue - probably worse because I think they ended up hiring an member-Mod and paying him to do the job! now there's your exciting career aspiration!! :)

The sad part is that these guys should have real life jobs and lives. It seems that they don't, and the forum is their life. Sad.

I created and ran THT for 8 years and in total maybe banned 4 people for behaviour issues, and a few others simply for spamming.

How many mods do they have now? 40? Do they earn $20/day for their services or is it simply an ego thing, pretending they actually contributed to the success of the site? They certainly weren't there modding when I was owner and had absolutely NOTHING to do with the success of what I created there - which I'm told on a daily basis has turned into one big clique full of trash posts.

Hugs & Loves ...

:rb-rules:

2.0 coming sooon ....

:1992_beer_cheer:

Yes there is a difference over there since you left. As far as the Bilge goes it is unregulated thereby fomenting personal attacks. The reason I was banned (this time)is because of this statement to the Mod; "am I expected to take their sh!t?" That coupled with the fact that I went up against the 'mob' because I would not take their sh!t got me poofed. I guess it's easier to ban one than many. In all fairness to the Mod who banned me, his intentions were good, kind of like a friend who jumps on your back to restrain you in a bar fight meanwhile your opponent(s)whale away on you. He had just had enough of me not taking their sh!t. So it goes.

I agree. I did not think queer was a bad word in the bilge but apparently the person has friends. I spent 90% of my time topside, so 30 days in band camp over that makes me not wanna go back. I remember Menz being there but not Joe although FF, AFD and some others still talk about him and post pics. .

Trollin, I went to Carolina--got out in 87. #1 preseason ranking baby!