Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

How many here have been banned from that other site?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I created and ran THT for 8 years and in total maybe banned 4 people for behaviour issues, and a few others simply for spamming.

How many mods do they have now? 40? Do they earn $20/day for their services or is it simply an ego thing, pretending they actually contributed to the success of the site? They certainly weren't there modding when I was owner and had absolutely NOTHING to do with the success of what I created there - which I'm told on a daily basis has turned into one big clique full of trash posts.

Hugs & Loves ...

:rb-rules:

2.0 coming sooon ....

:1992_beer_cheer:

It might not be exclusive to THaT other site, but when the volunteer "Mod.s" start making regular replies under their "Mod" personnae, they are crossing the line.

When you get that busy again, Wiley, I hope you establish clear guidelines for your Mod.s on how to respond. Perhaps, set-up a review/apeal proces for any member that is sanctionned by a future subordinate.

Good luck!

Edited by Kamper

Yep, the Mods are very active now. The worst part is they seem to play favorites. I got banned for referencing that 80's tune "Johhny are you queer" in the bilge in reference to this rabid foul mouthed poster. I have seen much worse in the forum let alone the statements and pics posted in the bilge. Seems everyone is a Mod but they also post under a screen name. Joe, you get more attention there than anyone else but I rarely have seen you post.

Anyway, I hope traffic picks up here