Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Need help Naming/Finding Mercury Outboard Part

The tiny primer bulb on my 9.9 Mercury has a hole it in and needs to be replaced. I am not talking about the bulb in the line from the tank, but on the front of the engine itself - which you press with your thumb a couple of times before starting.

On all of the parts sites a query on primer/bulbs returns only the larger in-line bulbs. So I suspect it may go by another name?

It doesn't help that you can't find a schematic of these engines on-line.

Ahah! Found a schematic late last night. It's actually on the lower cowling schematic of all places. Its called a Priming Pump, part number 895124!

So ordered on-line last night along with the retaining nut and hose clip - $25. One of the less expensive boat fixes!

Congrats!

I was going to suggest taking it to a yard machine service shop and seeing they could could match it. Those things apear to be almost universal. You probably could have got it for less but at just $25 for a boat part, you almost want to buy two!