Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Has anyone built this before?

Not me. Most people here have not built their own boats, with their own hands. Some have contracted with a yard to custom build. With luck, another member may provide a link to other sites more active in that level of DIY. If not, try again in a couple months since some boaters go dormant in their off-season.

Good luck!

If you have the time and resources great. There was a Dr. here in Texas that built his sailboat it looked great and worked very well when he had it put in the water at Sabine lake,Pass. A barge created a wake and he got his foot stuck between the boat and dock and it crushed his foot so bad that it was cut off. Here is some other links

http://www.boat-links.com/linklists/boatlink-02.html

Edited by TimW Texas

I have built quite a few boats, but nothing as ambitious as that 40' lobster boat! That would probably take a backyard builder 10 years, if he could keep the momentum going. Until you've done it, you just can't comprehend how much work is in a project like that. Makes me hurt to think about it :2261_high:

go to bateau.com

Ditto, they have great plans, great pricing and excellent support. But they don't have plans for any boats that large. They have a 26' lobster boat and a 28 trawler. Should soon be releasing a 34 trawler, Jacques Mertens has been working on it a couple of years.

This is the largest I've been brave enough to tackle so far..

No_Excuse_Looe_Key1.jpg