Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Just Read "All Quiet on the Western Front"

Was on a business trip this past week. I usually take a couple of novels with me. Recently I have been making one of them a "classic." This time is was "All Quiet on the Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque.

If you haven't read it yet, please do. His writing is unbelieveable.

Probably like you I often read a novel and think "I could write this," because it is light and easy. Well, I can tell you that I read this book and thought even if I spent a month just focusing on one paragraph I could get any where near replicating this work. There were paragraphs and sections where I went back and reread them over and over before moving on. Not because I didn't understand them but because the writing was just so incredible that you had to stop and go back and read again.

It's not that it's a tough read. In fact, it is not going to stretch you to read - but it will get you thinking. And it is one of those books that you will finish, then after a while pick up and read again, and maybe again. I plan to.