Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

New to me Boat and Winter Projects

I bought a new to me boat just before Christmas (2008 Sea Pro 228) and have been spending the last few weekends doing some projects. So far I removed the wet cell batteries and added new Sear PM-1 AGM batteries and relocated them from the transom to the console. I installed a Garmin 4210, GSD-22 sounder, Airmar B-60 thru-hull and a Fusion IP-600 stereo and four speakers. The boat had two batteries but they were not wired properly which prompted me to install a BEP battery switch with VSR and was part of the decision to move the batteries. I'm not done yet but got a lot done so far.

The boat

December2010117.jpg

This is where the start battery was. It was a mess.

December2010092.jpg

New Garmin 4210 and Fusion remote control

030.jpg

Left the Humminbird 97 where it was for now and made a mount for the fusion and VHF. Mounted the new GPS antenna inside the console for now, as I need a new canvas top so I'll mount it up there after it's replaced. of course the wires need cleaned up.

029.jpg

Still working on the console, I'll post more when it looks neat.

• 3 weeks later...