Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

ReelBoating Question ...

wiley

Thanks Mal.

So, more likely to pay-per-download for a particular multimedia item or instructional piece?

All the while on a free site to visit?

That setup can also be offered and was actually the original plan, just a bit more difficult to setup.

:1121_wink:

Yeah, thats my personal preference anyway.....maybe see a short preview of a book or clip of a DVD to see what youre buying and then let the consumer make the decision....just like shopping at a book store...you can flip through the pages quickly, then go to the checkout.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a "fee site" would be more attractive to a professional audience. Folks who are working regularly with the materials discussed who might want peer-to-peer feed-back. This is the group who may not offer the same solutions to a problem but can explain their actions with better reasons than "my brother-in-law's best friend's nephew read about it on THaT other site." Since many of these technicians already work in a shop with other mechanics they might not feel a need to research "out of house." That will further reduce your target market to hobby-businesses, shade tree mechanics and those who prefer to work alone.

In other words, not me. I'm too cheap! lol! Good luck with it either way!

Didn't they try a Fee Based site with Rick Murphy and a few other Captains a while back? Although they hocked it on their shows and in some magazines,I never even went to the site to actually find out what it cost or had in it. Something about a fee to enter just drives people away. Everyone on the internet (including me) seems to be able to get all the information they ever wanted for free.

I do buy products on line. But I get to preview a little before I spend anything. Makes the purchase a little more comfortable.

Everyone on the internet (including me) seems to be able to get all the information they ever wanted for free.

Ain't that the truth. There is a You Tube video out on anything you want to know. I wouldn't pay anything for it myself, not unless it was really special.

I think a "fee site" would be more attractive to a professional audience.

Even a quality professional site like Professional Boat Builder is free, and they have a lot of content. I'd have to see a lot of good content before I'd consider paying a fee.

Although I have found that most fee based sites don't offer any better prices than I can find for free on other sites.

Exactly! Hey Pastor Bob, are you the same Pastor Bob that I know B)

You also have to take into consideration TV fishing shows.....you got 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday just on ESPN...then local shows as well.......with all that for free, how much time will the admiral give a guy to watch even more in addition to TV? It better be really good to pay for it.

Maybe add bikinis? ;)

I think I've scrubbed the pay idea. Just expect a lot more ads :D