Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Yahoooooo 2011 and I finally got my FID permit

"Local police departments have the authority to issue gun permits. Such permits include licenses to carry (L.T.C.) and firearm identification cards (F.I.D.). There are two types of licenses to carry. A Class A license to carry allows an individual to purchase, possess and carry large-capacity handguns, rifles, shotguns and feeding devices. A Class A license to carry is the only permit that authorizes a holder to carry a concealed and loaded firearm. A Class B license to carry permits a holder to purchase, possess, and carry non-large capacity handguns and large-capacity rifles and shotguns.

There are also two types of firearm identification cards. Unrestricted firearm identification cards allow for the possession of non-large capacity rifles and shotguns. The restricted version of the card is available solely for the possession of chemical sprays.

Massachusetts gun laws require that all firearms, rifles, and shotguns be stored in a secured, locked container or equipped with a tamper resistant mechanical lock or other safety devices properly engaged as to render the weapon inoperable by unlawful users. Moreover, every firearm and large capacity weapon sold in the Commonwealth must be equipped with a safety device (trigger lock) designed to prevent its discharge by an unauthorized user.

"

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I'd move South. We don't have all that nonsense down here.

Move South? I'd love to but I don't think I will ever be in a position to retire. I think the states above me ( VT/ NH/ ME) still have easier gun regs. I don't know if what I have will cover me up there?

As for the gun regs, some of the stuff is a good idea. Or I can understand the benifit of some of the regs anyway since I was almost a victom myself of being shot at 5 years old by a 6 year old. Keeping guns away from people who don't have a clue reguardless of their age is a good idea. BM, I lived, slept ,ate ,walked and talked guns. Now 30 somethin years later without guns I can admit I'm a little uncomfortable around them and really need to ask questions from those who are familar with them. I'm sure it will take months for me to decide what the heck I'm going to get if anything. I mean I been without one for this long??? I'm thinking joining the rod and gun around the corner is my best next step.

If ya want to try a , eargabustingloudenboomen, you can try my .454 Casull if ya ever come to Texas.

I been looking around and I saw some BIG hand guns. It must be the gun Jim Carrey is mimicing in the movie Face. Altough one of the shops saw a typo on my permit..... Which makes it invalid... which means another few months probably the way everything else been going in this permitting process...I probably decided I really don't need anything bigger than 9mm. I only tried a Beretta 92sf but the range said I should try the 1911 next time. I was thinking trying something smaller :504_shrugging: