Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Yahoooooo 2011 and I finally got my FID permit

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gun do ya think I should buy? the 410 pistol that started my whole trek last winter is illegal in Ma...

Not sure anymore? I saw the Taurus Judge and thought I wanted it.

Then I found out Taurus doesn't submit for

Ma compliance. Then it became a matter of principle of getting the permit since I started last winter. I didn't get a FID. I got a class a large capacity. Its been so long I better go take classes again. I think I can do anything lawful in Ma with that other that automatic.

I always wanted a 410 and a 16 gauge for hunting but I stopped hunting 30 something years ago.I probably can't walk the 10 miles a day like I use to.

Edited by boatmanalso

Is there a "purpose" listed on your FID? Or does that only apply to hand-guns, there?

I'll have to do some research on that question but I believe it is for all lawfull purposes. It would include for protection of life and property. The permit reads:

Commonwealthg of Massachusetts

Class A Large capacity

license to carry firearms(M.G>L>c 140.&131)

restrictions: none

I'll probably just get a shotgun and go hunting up by you at Lake Winni even though I almost hit a deer here on the next street over this morning up . I have a buddy there in Alton Bay.

These are the different permit classes from online.

I believe class B you can carry a pistol or revolver but it needs to be in a lock box at all times. I think it can only be used for target. I'll see if I can find my book to be sure.

Firearms Identification Card - Restricted (mace and pepper spray)

Firearms Identification Card

Class B License to Carry - Non-Large Capacity

Class A License to Carry - Large Capacity

License to Possess a Machine Gun

Check if a Class A Gun Club License *NOTE: Only the Colonel of the State Police can issue a club license.

I think this is the reason I didn't maintain my FID way back when I had one. I didn't want to go check the regulations every time I though about pulling out a gun.