Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Doctor yesterday

I went to Dallas yesterday for my Discography, CT scan and then to my Doc. I was in doctors offices-hospitals from 11:08 till about 440. Good news they finally see it all more clearly. Bad news I'm looking at a Lumbar spinal fusion L5 down, and artificial disc replacement in L4. This is what he is recommending. I meet with another surgeon on the 14 of Jan and will see what she confirms and recommends. Its been going on for over 2 years from a red light runner that T boned me. If you look under back pain procedures and treatments I have had everything and some of them twice. I just want off the roller coaster. Life is not going to get better for me as is. I'm almost 48 and in great health otherwise. I feel now days that they are better at it with all the new technology. One day at a time :605_thumbs_up:

I went to Dallas yesterday for my Discography, CT scan and then to my Doc. I was in doctors offices-hospitals from 11:08 till about 440. Good news they finally see it all more clearly. Bad news I'm looking at a Lumbar spinal fusion L5 down, and artificial disc replacement in L4. This is what he is recommending. I meet with another surgeon on the 14 of Jan and will see what she confirms and recommends. Its been going on for over 2 years from a red light runner that T boned me. If you look under back pain procedures and treatments I have had everything and some of them twice. I just want off the roller coaster. Life is not going to get better for me as is. I'm almost 48 and in great health otherwise. I feel now days that they are better at it with all the new technology. One day at a time :605_thumbs_up:

hope it works for ya. I have a son whoes back is junk(so he says) and has let pills solve his pain. The pills ruined everything else though. I don't think there is much room to get any lower for him. The tough part is there is nothing that is available for someone like that.

Thanks Les I just want to really fish this year. I really hope it gets behind me soon. I was talking to Rich last night and really looking forward to getting all together. He lives in Corpus now we where talking about taking one of my Bay boats down and doing some inshore. And you to CMP thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I feel your pain Tim & hope you get better... I have a herniated L5-S1 that hinders my life daily (nowhere near as bad as yours) so I kinda know what it feels like... The docs do not want to operate on me, so pretty much I just have to deal with it... It sucks b/c it hinders everything that you do...

Get better!

David