Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Terry Sobo Out Does Himself Delivering New Nor-Tech 39CC Christmas Eve

The Devil is in the details. I'm also a boat builder and my eye also went straight to that crooked seat cushion. I understand what Seabob is saying. It may be just fine, it might be the camera angle, but I would have culled that pic if it was one of my boats and the pic was intended to show it off B) I'm not putting down the boat at all, I've never been on one, but perception is everything. The boating business is tight, and that could easily cost a sale.

After all we're talking about a 10" wide step with a cushion that flips out of the way.I'd hate to lose a sale over that.

Exactly. But the perception would be, if you can't get a 10" seat step right, that's in plain view, what else is not right that you can't see? Again, I mean no negativity towards the boat, it's just a marketing and perception issue.

However most people that see these boats usually comment that the pictures do not do it justice and it's the nicest CC they've ever seen.

But statistically more people buy Bayliners than Nor-Techs. Most people don't know what they are looking at with boats anyway. Again, I'm not criticizing your boat, just that photo :1992_beer_cheer:

Beautiful boat :605_thumbs_up:

Edited by Cracker Larry

The Devil is in the details. I'm also a boat builder and my eye also went straight to that crooked seat cushion. I understand what Seabob is saying. It may be just fine, it might be the camera angle, but I would have culled that pic if it was one of my boats and the pic was intended to show it off B) I'm not putting down the boat at all, I've never been on one, but perception is everything. The boating business is tight, and that could easily cost a sale.

After all we're talking about a 10" wide step with a cushion that flips out of the way.I'd hate to lose a sale over that.

Exactly. But the perception would be, if you can't get a 10" seat step right, that's in plain view, what else is not right that you can't see? Again, I mean no negativity towards the boat, it's just a marketing and perception issue.

However most people that see these boats usually comment that the pictures do not do it justice and it's the nicest CC they've ever seen.

But statistically more people buy Bayliners than Nor-Techs. Most people don't know what they are looking at with boats anyway. Again, I'm not criticizing your boat, just that photo :1992_beer_cheer:

Beautiful boat :605_thumbs_up:

Cracker Larry, Terry didn't start the thread. I started the thread and took the pic's off another site to simply share over here. There was no way for him to cull it like you stated. Like Terry mentioned it is a poor camera angle and you can see that in the other pic that Terry included shows it flipped over and in align. The only reason for the negativity is cause SeaBob has a problem with me busting his chops on a comment that he made on another site, then was answered, but that wasn't good enough that he had to bring it up again on a different NorTech boat over here.

Quote SeaBob..Still don't see a half of a Bonita, blood everywhere, owner totally concious of all that blood on the decks and upholstery...and an owner/captain that's gonna jump on that chit fast and get rid of it....

Nice boat, I'll pass..

another unprofessional comment from a supposed professional in the same business that is knocking an owner for keeping his boat clean while fishing...WTH

Jass,

Please excuse me if I speak honestly either here or on THT. Nortech builds an excellent product, and the price reflects that quality. That being said, the attention to detail must match the attention to the price tag.

I've been in the OEM boat builder business for 17 years, pretty upholstery and costly hardware just don't get it for me. Excellent rigging does, and excellent installation of cabinetry/upholstery/etc. does as well. Hardware is just about what a company wants to spend, and subsequently charge...

The Nortech is meant, in my opinion, to do battle with the likes of YF, Fountain, and the rest of the hardcore, big bucks fishing circle. Therefore, it's gonna get it's share of blood, slime, scales, entrails, you name it strewn throughout the boat on any given weekend. And all that crap is gonna find it's way into every nook and cranny in that boat. Glass and machinery spaces are one thing, upholstery is another. And I can't see the yard ape hired at $8 an hour busting his ass to get that stuff out of the deepest recesses...

The people who own Nortechs (yourself included) have a lot of bucks, and, I would assume, pay someone a decent wage to ensure these boats are taken care of to the most minute detail. And all the power to you. But those of us who are not so well off? We have to do it ourselves...and I wouldn't want to have to deal with all that foo-fru...

I have no problem making comments that I believe are valid, here or otherwise. I also have no problem with what I said being commented on, be it positively or negatively. I simply commented on what I saw, and some took offense...

You might recognize this little girl, the Nortech 80...

nortech80.jpg

My good friend at TaylorMade, Brian Kelly, proto-typed that windshield. Awesome boat, but me and Brian will never step foot on her. Guess it's just 2 different worlds...

Bob, You could have conducted yourself in a more professional manor. The red circling of "what is this", like you finally uncovered a major fault with a NorTech boat. It's a flip out piece of upohlstry...not wiring, cabinets, or even superb rigging like you stated....and Terry said it was a bad camera angle. You are correct, NorTech builds an excellent boat, and have many different types of clientelle. They will build what ever the customer wants, from simple and functional to over the top... and do it at a very fair price. At the moment they have a 6 month back log, they must be doing something right. Have a good evening. Jeff

For the record, I wash my boats, cars and trucks when I can if not working 60 hours a week..I do get help from time to time, cause I know I cant do it all. I also like to change my own oil, or polish my headers while my wife fish's on our pier over a few Beer Bloody Mary's on a Sunday morning.. I never take things for granted, and am thankful for what I have.

Bob, You could have conducted yourself in a more professional manor. The red circling of "what is this", like you finally uncovered a major fault with a NorTech boat. It's a flip out piece of upohlstry...not wiring, cabinets, or even superb rigging like you stated....and Terry said it was a bad camera angle. You are correct, NorTech builds an excellent boat, and have many different types of clientelle. They will build what ever the customer wants, from simple and functional to over the top... and do it at a very fair price. At the moment they have a 6 month back log, they must be doing something right. Have a good evening. Jeff

For the record, I wash my boats, cars and trucks when I can if not working 60 hours a week..I do get help from time to time, cause I know I cant do it all. I also like to change my own oil, or polish my headers while my wife fish's on our pier over a few Beer Bloody Mary's on a Sunday morning.. I never take things for granted, and am thankful for what I have.

Jeff,

Thank you for the kind reply, you and I just see things a little differently, I respect your view, hope you can respect mine...

And please say you don't go out to the store after consuming those Bloody Marys on a Sunday morning. I like my beer, Maggie likes here wine, but once the first is consumed, we are home for the day... :605_thumbs_up: