Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boats of Aruba

Greg_M

Been meaning to post these, I saw Wiley's post about lurking yesterday and thought you guys may enjoy.

Took the Family to Aruba for some R&R for Thanksgiving. Lots of old Makos and Mckee Crafts. Some of these boats are kept on mooring just off the beach, but most are lauched every morning off of the beach.

Marina from the plane

DSCN0041.jpg

All of these boats get beached in the surf for pick-up and drop-off constantly

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0101.jpg

Overloaded?

DSCN0452.jpg

A few that actually fish

DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0541.jpg

More - Ski, Tube, and Transport Boats

DSCN0611.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

From the Hotel Balcony

DSCN0699.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

I only see one big center console with big gas drinking engines. I bet the price of fuel is prohibitive. What are the sea's like around there? I would think it to be a short run to open water.

I haven't been to Aruba but I have been through quite a few of the islands and spent some time consulting in the Grenadines. I always wanted to have my 28' Hydra Sports with me. It would have been a great boat for the area.

Nice pics. That first one is an area myself and my wife frequented when we were there last spring. That is a resort with a private marina attached. There were a couple nice rides down there when we were there--a big Post, a 48' Cabo Convertible, a 68' Hatt enclosed bridge, and a big Seaforce XI. Also a 54' Bert set up as a charter boat. A little bit further to the South there is what I believe to be a private yacht club where there were a few more large sportfishers moored. Could only see it from the plane while we were taxiing on the runway though.

The rest of the photos look to be from one of the resorts on Palm Beach, a little further to the North from the first picture. I recognize pretty much all the smaller boats--local watersports companies that tow people around on tubes all day long. That big Scarab looks like a private boat though, I have never seen too many of those around that area whenever we've been down there.

Nice pics B)

I bet the price of fuel is prohibitive. What are the sea's like around there? I would think it to be a short run to open water.

Their fuel is very reasonable by Caribbean standards. Aruba is almost within sight of Venezuela and they have their own refinery on the island. The seas are generally HUGE! The wind blows down there all the time, 25 kts would be a light day and 40 kts more normal, with a fetch all the way to Africa. Every tree on the island grows sideways and points to South America :blink:

dsc_0062_1.JPG

All the resorts are on the leeward side of the island, the windward side is too rough for words! Yes, it is a very short run to open water, there is only one small harbor. Other than that, the island is a seamount completely surrounded by open and very deep water.