Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Bumping the Limiter

Took the wife on a leisurely cruise down the river this morning. The engine ran great, really couldn't tell if the reed block gave the engine any more hp but it sure did like to hit the limiter (6450). Was running the 28 Performer 3 blade. Check out this video at 44 seconds when it bumped the limiter.

Wife says the boat is too fast (what ever that means...) and it is very cold (chilly 60 degrees), take me back to the ramp!!!

Exactly 13%. The 28 prop is way too small. Gonna sell that one, get a labbed 30 Bravo to run 93-95 mph, then play some more with the 34 Performer. Couldn't get the rpms over 5500 with it but I really didn't give it my all. Need more seat time. This was only my 6th or 7th time out in the boat. Adding two more inches of setback too.

6924bc47.jpg

New toy too.

Edited by Ludicrous

Wife says the boat is too fast (what ever that means...) and it is very cold (chilly 60 degrees), take me back to the ramp!!!

Too Fast? No such thing!!! Too Cold? You Bet! Anything under 75 is too freaking cold!!

My 28' best speed was 60 mph and I thought that was to slow (although all my buddies were white knuckling it).

I would like to see video from another boat running next to you. That would be cool.

Working on much better videos now that I have a HD video camera. Problem is time to do it. Once this hitch is up on the work boat next month, I get home and take a boat to the Keys for a day, then on a week long cruise, then back to another hitch on the work boat. My personal boating time is suffering from all the boating I do.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...