Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Back from the Ft Lauderdale Boat Show

wiley

Have you looked at Albury Bros?

Yes. They are well built. They are plain but pricey. As I recall, they are pretty flat aft.. Am I correct on that ? (Variable Deadrise to flat aft..) I will have to look them up.. Thanks.

Excellent build quality, solid, and as far as a 23 goes, best ride I have experienced in 2-3's between 20-35mph...even better than my 23 Regulator and Contender. The entry of the bow is extremely sharp, cuts through the water like a hot knife through butter, and the spray rails keep you very dry. Very forgiving ride, soft re-entry everytime, no shudder..simply made for a lifetime with out all the fancy and exposed hardware that eventually fails. Price is not inexpensive, but is less than two said boats mentioned above, as well as GW, BW, EW, EG, and other quality makes..Jeff

I have enclosed a few pics so ya'll can see the sharp bow, sides, and rounded aft sections.

post-3244-065989800 1289137776_thumb.jpg

post-3244-052208900 1289137809_thumb.jpg

post-3244-089144800 1289137848_thumb.jpg

post-3244-067669100 1289137884_thumb.jpg

post-3244-045682900 1289137918_thumb.jpg

post-3244-015264200 1289137935_thumb.jpg

Woodsie, this meets your needs: http://www.competitionboats.com/ you can get a brand new one with a single 300 4 stroke and trailer for low / mid $60's. Twins will put you at mid $70's. These are completely rigged out, not stripped. If you are in S.FL go to the shop. There are 3 25's being built right now.

Isnt that the old Contender hull..

Woodsie, this meets your needs: http://www.competitionboats.com/ you can get a brand new one with a single 300 4 stroke and trailer for low / mid $60's. Twins will put you at mid $70's. These are completely rigged out, not stripped. If you are in S.FL go to the shop. There are 3 25's being built right now.

Isnt that the old Contender hull..

Yes they are.

Thank you guys ! I am familiar with the Competition boats. No-frills, old school, wave cuttin hull. I may resort to the longer hull.. I fish midweek by myself a lot, and my son takes out a lot of bikini-clad girls who can only look good. We need a boat that is simple to work solo..

I have looked at so many boats, so many times. I have dashed the hopes and dreams of too many salesmen on water tests. I have fished with great folks that offered their boats as an example of the model. I have already built a Pathfinder 23 DV.. to have it stolen and stripped in Miami (after two years ownership-- F250)

I am torn now.. Another Pathfinder 23 Deep Vee or a Contender 23T.. What sayeth yee who know the boats ??

Woodsie

Myself and 3 other guys who live near me all have 25 Competitions. 3 of us have extensive time on a 23T Contender and yet when we spent our own money we all bought Competitions (all at separate times 3 years apart). Do yourself and your wallet a favor and sea trial a Competition. You can have a new one for the price of a used Contender / Pathfinder.

This came off another site that I frequent. Terry Sobo from NorTech called me a few times during the show and was pleased on the attendance of serious buyers. The 39 and their 80 was a hit...Im looking at the 39 CC at Miami..Im kinda over the powerboat thing, and trip 350's will be 80+..fast enough for me.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/242592-nor-tech-80-sparks-sales-lauderdale-show.html