Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Your opinions for someone starting a boating business, please

I'm starting an online website to help boat owners securely rent their idle boats to family, friends, and others.

We plan to offer:

- Insurance and contracts to secure your boat and limit your liability

- Scheduling so you can determine when it can be rented

- Marketing to attract renters and earn you money

We're trying to understand the concerns that owners may have and we'd really appreciate your opinions. If you're so inclined, please copy and paste the following questions with your answers.

Thanks in advance for helping us to get our business off the ground and create jobs in this time when people really need them.

Kind Regards,

Chris Farkas

Survey:

-Would you consider renting your boat...

-to family?

-to friends?

-to others?

-What concerns do you have about renting your boat?

-Do you keep a lot of personal items in your boat that would need to be removed before it could be rented?

-How much would you like to earn renting your boat in a year?

-How much would you charge to rent your boat?

-How often would you want to rent it?

-When would want to rent your boat? (i.e. weekends, holidays, etc.)? 5

-Would you prefer to rent to others only for one day, multiple days, a week or more?

-What kind of boat do you have?

Edited by eAlchemist

I'm starting an online website to help boat owners securely rent their idle boats to family, friends,

I'm also wondering why I'd need your help to rent my boat to my family and friends :blink: No offense, but I don't see this being a great business idea.

Thats a dumb question. You need his help renting your boat to your family because you probably haven't been charging them anything. I am gulty of doing the same thing though. I took my grandson out 4 or 5 times and haven't charged him anything. I wonder how much I can get out of a 3 year old?