Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Fishing catastrophies

My son was visiting from college North Texas University.And we decided to go Commercial fishing I wanted to show him what the old man does off to my boat we go and I had a first mate he had been on a lot of boats he had knowledge all is good fuel up take of that afternoon out through the jaws and start up the hill and I start fishing 50 lb cannon balls on each side and running 2 floats out the back commercial fishing laws are 4 hooks per line I got sixteen out . Go right through a huge bait ball and my out riggers are screaming both sides the floats were knocked down total salmon mayhem gee it was great every pull was 2-4 fish we are dancing on the decks I was cleaning fish like a well you know and putting the ice to them and as it gets darker my mate say lets stay out and in the morning we will be right in our fishing hot spot my gut said no but my wallet said yes he new how to calculate current speed and out to sea we went running of my campus and GPS in the dark seas were good then I had radar all is fine it looked like a city out there with all the other boats some how in the middle of the night we lost all power son of **** and the fog rolled in and you could not see your hand 2" from your eyeball and the sea starts to churn a bit more I had my flopper's down off my outriggers that helped the rocking motion a bit can't call anyone I don't know where in the hell I'm at other than in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Winchester Bay I make my son get one of my survival suits on and we wait it out to morning I'm sick with fear there is a lot of cliffs heading north up the coast line my game plan was 2 drop anchor if needed and both cannon balls if I could to stop us from smashing on the rocks I listen so much to hear if I could hear waves crashing I was scared for all of us. The fog was bad. day light comes and a boat is not far from us I give him 2 shorts and than again he never stops I have the coast guard on my cell phone with a half a bar on it we where using it trying to see in the night I can see the light house now as the fog lifts more and more I mayday call now I'm less than a mile from shore they respond right away I tell them about 10 miles north of the harbor and about a mile from the freaken Beach I can see them 10 miles out to sea checking other boats I'm thinking WTF They call me and I tell them I see you but I'm almost on the BEACH deposit 2 more coins for the rest of the story

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We see them turn due south now toward us they approach us and ask what is the problem of course we have our life vest on and my son in one of the survival suits still I have no power can you jump me and they say know can't do that but we will tow you in all I needed was the jump what I got was a rope slug aboard I attach it to my front eye on the bow of my boat . My mate says do we need to pull up my flopper's and the young man asked his Capt she says no okay this is new to me rope gets tight that woman gunned that boat like a dam dragster my boat was 30 ' I'm sure we flew on the hole shot 15-20 feet I was in the cabin and now I'm on the fish cleaning table on my face on the back deck and my crew was on the ground or floor of the boat as I look up my out rigger starts to break from the flopper in the water it comes crashing down on the back and side of the boat rigging every where . And she gets of the gas to a stop, my phone rings and it is the Coast Guard asking why we stopped he was on land and he had a little chuckle in his voice I was let say in shock on how I responded back explaining how we broke my outrigger but we are ok so we tied it down or along side the boat ok here we go again my boat was a mored boat and I'm sure it had barnacles on it but I would bet I did not have them anymore I have no idea what the swells where or how far apart I do know that I and my crew and boat was landing on every other one touch the water briefly and in the air again we go we could not stand it was to much fun this way for someone and they where not in my boat I see that the party ride is coming to a end as I do recognize the rocks at the Jaws and now my boat is heading right for the rocks that woman pulled me so hard and so fast that she 2 more coins please for the rest of the story

i

pulled there UNITED STATES COAST GUARD hook straight.It was as straight as a dagger and it was huge. I was in shock my boat is as close to the rocks as you can get I would ride the swell in to-wards them I new I was going to hit as they swung about to toss another rope and I mean just in time here is where she was smart she could not pull me hard left or my Stern would hit she pulled a little to the left in a straight path hugging the rocks until clear, my but was puckered in my throat the whole time . They put me in my slip boarded my vessel she apologized to me told her crew to saddle up that I had gone through enough trouble and damage for one day and there will be no inspection today I signed there report as she was boarding her vessel and talking to her crew she says I got my new assignment I well be going to the Carolinas I cant recall which one. Looking back I know I was there ###### pig and I feel they did not care about commercial fisherman that much as it was a bit of joke to them seeing my boat ski

post-1969-1242866223_thumb.jpg

post-1969-1242866317_thumb.jpg

post-1969-1242866630_thumb.jpg

post-1969-1242866643_thumb.jpg

post-1969-1242866663_thumb.jpg

post-1969-1242866680_thumb.jpg