Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

1975 23' Fully Restored Bracketed Potter Seacraft

1975 fully restored bracketed 23' for sale....

I bought the boat in 2003 from the Keys, brought it back to Charleston, SC and began the restoration shortly thereafter. I had the deck replaced up to the forward step-up and everything was thoroughly looked over while the deck was out. The stringers were in great shape and the enclosed transom and bracket which had been added a few years before I bought the boat were in excellent shape. The transom and knees that run into the stringers are overbuilt. The boat was then sanded down and painted inside and out with awlgrip. The inside is snow white and the hull is ice blue with a navy blue stripe. I had G-Crafts Marine in Awendaw, SC make the custom fishbox that is built in across the transom. It is plumbed as a livewell and drains overboard and holds 50+ gallons. I added a forward fuel tank in front of the console that is 60 gallons to go along with the main 120 gallon tank, so there is plenty of range with 180 gallons of fuel. I had Marc Googer at Carolina Custom Rigging build the custom T-top with the electronic box and the taco outriggers. Chip Peagler made the custom curtains and I do have wings that go all the way to the gunnels and down to the deck. I had the boat totally rewired and that was done by a retired Navy electrician who did excellent work. I spent over $5,000 on electronics, including a through hull transducer that I had Halsey Canon glass and fair into the hull. It reads steady at all speeds. I also replaced all of the hardware including adding pop-up cleats and nav light. I really wanted everything A+ and definitely spent the money to make the boat that way. It is a great riding boat as you know and with the twin 200s topped out at over 60mph. I would strongly consider repowering with the new Yamaha 250/300 which is fairly light and very economical and would push the boat very well. I know I am leaving things out but can tell you that I have not spared any expense in the boat and have well over $45,000 invested. The boat has just had some touch-up work done and the entire deck repainted and new nonskid added. It is at G-Crafts right now and was just finished. I am looking to get around $14,000 for everything, including an Aluminum Owen and Sons trailer custom built for the boat with brand new torsion axles and spindles. The boat currently doesn't have engines. I sold the 200 Merc EFIs to repower and am not able to do so right now.

Send me a PM for more info or call me at (843) 276-0973

Thanks,

CMBarnes

2010-08-13112411.jpg

2010-08-13112440.jpg

2010-08-13112525.jpg

2010-08-13112556.jpg

2010-08-13112603.jpg

2010-08-13112626.jpg